Very Moving!

cathy

Hi Friends,

I wanted to let you know how our visit to the blessing of the sick went yesterday..To begin it was very emotional. If you ever have an opportunity to attend one I would. My dad, mom, daughter and 3 cousins went. I have been away from the church my whole adult life because I never got anything from it. I dont know if its all the catholic rules and how they change all the time or really just being bored with the service. I wanted to go to church and feel a part of a community or get up on sunday and be anxious to attend. Never have I felt that, until yesterday. I enjoyed being there, even though there was so much sadness there. My one cousin invited me to visit her church she said it is not the typical catholic service. So I think I am going to try it.

I'm not sure how my dad felt about the whole experience. He was in pain yesterday so he didnt talk much. I am going to call my mom today to see how he felt about. They have a blessing of the sick every wed. and my cousin wants to go so if he agrees to go thats how I'll know he liked it.

Thanks for the extra prayers yesterday I said them for all of you as well.

The one I went to had a small group of about 4 others besides me. They annointed me with oil and began praying, praying with all they had. I was moved. I did feel things I had not felt for a long time. I believe it was the Holy Spirit moving in me. It lasted about an hour and I recall leaving feeling SOOO clean. I do want to go again.

Linda,

It probably was the same. It was very beautiful even with all the sadness there.

Cindy,

They did the annointing also and there was many there, probably a couple hundred. I really would like to go every week or at least once a month.

Guest DaveG

Cathy:

Following my experiences during the Vietnam War, I, too, left the church. I, howver, several years later discovered that the church never left me. When I returned, the church was there, with open arms, to welcome me back and make me feel as if I had never left. The reasons I left the church make no sense now, but I am very strong in my religion, Episcopal, and am very active, until I had to start chemo. I have hands laid on me at least 4 times, especially when a new crisis has developed with me. I am a regular on the prayer list, as is my wife. Prayer is very powerful and believe prayers have been answered many times in my case. I continually get cards, letters, and phone calls from my fellow parishioners. I am very moved by the fact that I am also on the prayer list of several other churchs in our community, as well.

I pray for your family and for you, that you may find your way home and be happy once you arrive there.

Cathy, So glad to hear you enjoyed the service, we are going next Saturday and although I have never been to one before we are all very excited. We are regulars at our church and find a tremendous amount of comfort being there. I wasn't sure my husband would agree to this but he did, very willingly. I am not sure what you meant about the saddness. Is this extemely emotional service, I usually tear up on Sundays through regular mass?? Carol

Hi Carol,

We were in a chapel filled with people that were not well, whether it was mental, physical, or just down on their luck financially, that was the sadness. There were a couple of women there with cancer and pregnant. I guess I just never realized how devasting an illness can be. Unless you live it, you really dont understand the devastation. I just felt that I could feel their pain so much more clearly since my dad got sick. The priest blessed each and every one of us. He encouraged us to place our hands on the people he was blessing. When he blessed my dad it was very emotional, because I want him healed so bad. People we have never met touching him and praying as the priest blessed him. If your emotional at your regular service you better bring plenty of tissue. Please let me know how it goes. Take care,