Tarceva Skin Rash

Bill

Yesterday ( Day # 5 of Tarceva 150mg. ) I visited my wife and I noticed some scattered small / red / raised spots on her back. I haven't seen her yet this morning but a nurse reported to me that she now has these spots on her legs ( thighs ) and neck area. Sounds like the Tarceva skin rash. What I would like to know from you veteran Tarceva / Iressa rash suffers is what product(s) have you found to be the best at treating this condition ?

Thanks much.

Bill,

Yes, that does sound like the Tarceva rash. Her skin may get really really dry also. My dr. prescribed clindamycin (sp) gel and it seems to help, however I would need a "vat" of it because I have the rash all over. I mainly use it for my face and the rash tends to go away faster with it. Also use moisturizing body wash instead of soap. Aveeno products work for me. They always used to recomment the oatmeal baths for the kids when they had the chicken pox. It does help alot.

Hope your wife responds to the Tarceva.

TAnn

Bill,

The rash has not really caused me any problems on my face, neck, back, chest, and a few scattered areas. It is the worst in my hair. Head and Shoulders seems to help. A good moisturizer hair conditioner seems to help some. I just started using the Head and Shoulders on my face. I can not say much yet on this.

My biggest problem is the dry skin. I have skin splits on my finger tips. A triple antibiotic ointment on the splits makes them go a way and relieve the small amount of pain. The dry skin is the worst on my face, hands and arms. I use a good moisturizing skin lotion.

I have bowel problems, but an over the counter anti diarrhea medication takes care of that.

John

I'm using Aveeno Unscented Baby Wash for skin and hair, Aveeno unscented lotion for the dry skin. Also using Hollywood Tea Tree oil on my feet. It works to keep fungal skin infections at bay. When our immune system is depressed (and mine is) it makes us prone to infections. I use Bactroban Antibiotic Cream when needed. I have too many problems with my Crohn's Colitis and gastric bleeding and cannot use Clindomycin Cream for that reason. And I've actually started using Calamine Lotion for the rash on the thighs and down the backs of my legs. The skin has split in numerous places, and weeps. The Calamine Lotion helps. Hope this helps.