Bad day

Mike Evans

My 1st line chemo finished Feb 3rd.Got the results of my pet scan from last week today and showed the cancer is back in the liver and the left lung(new spot).Am having a rum and coke and a brief pity party.Will be ready to fight again tommorrow.Bummer,I was enjoying life without chemo and was finally up to speed walking 5 miles a day.My 2nd line chemo will be camptostar.How has everyone done on this chemo?

Hi Mike..

Buddy, don't you be drinking all alone there... you got lots of folks to join you in your much deserved pity party.

I will have a rum and coke too.

The pity party is starting up and in full swing..what will the rest of all of ya'll be having to keep Mike company?

Cindi o'h

I'm not drinking tonight, I'll drive everyone home. Just set me up with a Coke, twist of lemon, please, Cindi.

Mike, sorry to hear of the cooties taking up residence. Sounds like there's a plan being put into play - here's hoping it's the silver bullet!

I'll help clean up after this party, Cindi. I'll be back to wipe tables and chairs, flip the chairs on the tables and sweep after I drive everyone home.

Don't forget to flush after your time on the Pity Pot, Mike. :wink:

Mike! I am not a drinker, but this stuff is enough to make a teetotaler drink! I was diagnosed around 8-1-04 and we have had the same treatment. The first chemo did a great job. My cancer was stable from

Scan in October until end of December. Started CPT 11 (Camptosar) in January and will have Scan tomorrow. Hard to wait! The Camprosar caused no hair loss, no nausea; I was a bit tired from low red cell count. Got one shot of Aranesp.

Good luck with the new treatment! Will pray it works! Marge

Don't forget to flush after your time on the Pity Pot, Mike. :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, I don't know if that helped you to cheer up, Mike, but it sure made me smile.

The pity parties are normal, of course, but should hopefully be gone in a few days. Prayers for successful treatments coming your way.

Love,

Peggy

Hey Mike make it a double and let's get it on..My Wife was doing great untill Jan when CT showed lesion's to brain and bone's..she has 2 day's of radiation left and has started her topetecan and zometa for the bone's,they just did not give her time for a big pity party but we had one any way...Enjoy that drink and let's beat this......

Mike,

Sorry to hear about the bad day... I'm raising my glass of scotch to you, but sounds like you're going to be pretty strong going into this next round (5 miles a day within a month of chemo!). You've got some positive energy coming your way from Illinois (steroid enhanced! :mrgreen: -- decadron to counter the PCI effects).

Mark

Mike,

I am not a drinker, but I am raising a glass of diet coke to you.... you keep pushing my friend... your constitution is a strong one and I have great confidence you will get this disease under control!!!! Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way.... Sharon

Mike,

My drinking days over (for this month) but I'll join

the pity party to wish you well,

You will be up to 10 miles a day after this.

Thank you Snowflake for your offer to clean after the party,

I did after the last one and it took me two days, was finding

hidden empty Bud Lite in the weirdest places.

Good luck and keep posting about the results.

J.C.

Mike - KEEP WALKING. that's one of the best things you can do for yourself, and being in shape for it now, keep doing it! you may have to shorten your walks but keep doing it, please!! that is so impressive and so good for you!

and you know what, taking a brief break for a pity party is not such a bad thing - take a deep breath and start the fight anew!

You're doing good - hang in there!

Karen

Mike,

I sure hope this one works for you. As for the pity party, I raised my caffine free diet mountain dew in your honor and have put you toward the top of my prayer list. Best of luck. As for the 5 miles. That is wonderful....keep going as far as you can. The stronger you are the better you are for the fight.

Nina