An update on my progress

betplace

Just thought I would update everyone on my current progress.

I just finished round 4 of chemo last week. On Friday afternoon I was sitting at the puter and realized I couldn't move because it hurt my back so much. It was like all the morphine stopped working. I called my sister in law becase I was supposed to take my Mom out to dinner and there was no way I could do it. She told me to go to ER and she would take care of Mom. When my tenant got home, I asked him to take me to ER. He went to help me get up and I literally screamed in his ear it hurt so much for him to get me up. He didn't wan't to drive me, but I didn't want to take an ambulance. We were both very scared. He got me to ER and after the usual 6 hours of rigamarole they injected me with some heavy duty pain killers and sent me home with a prescription for stronger meds. I will be getting new scans to find out why I am still having pain. I think this pain is from the tumor on the spinal cord. So I am now on super heavy duty meds.

Sitting at puter aggravates things, so I am on here very little. I try to read every day, but often my time on puter is limited to 10 minutes to check my email. I am no longer allowed to drive either, so stuck at home floating 2 inches above ground.

Things are getting scarey folks, so please remember me in your prayers. Though I did have lunch with a friend who is a psychic and she doesn't sense my absense real soon. :)

Sorry for all the pain Beth but don't give up as only GOD know's when it's time....I had a psychic tell me year's ago that there would be sad time's in my future (like who does'nt have sad time's) but also predicted i would bear a musician and after 9 kid's there all like me no talent and no can sing....

Betty,

It must be terrible pain or you would not have even mentioned it. You are such a sweet/uncomplaining person. Me, I panic at the least little thing but you have been so strong and always giving others words of encourangement and hope. As for the happy dance part. Let us know when you are feeling better and I will do the happy dance for you. Can't have you hurt that back just after you finally get it fixed.

Oh Betty. I know you must be miserable. Is there someone that can help you? Have you got someone to take care of you while you are figuring out what next? I hate to think that you are alone. You know you are in my prayers daily and now even more so. Keep in touch as best you can.

Nina

Hi Betty,

I just hate hearing about this awful pain you're been having. Has any thought been given to you having radiation to that area? I may have missed it in your profile or in one of your posts, but I don't recall seeing that you have had radiation to your spine.

We're not ready for you to go, either, so you stick around, sweetie, and keep fightin'. I will send my turbo-powered prayers to God for you tonight.

Love,

Peggy

Betty,

Sorry to hear about your awful back pain and how difficult it is for you to get relief without strong meds. Praying that you get some relief soon and you're back "glued" to the puter. I miss seeing your posts regularly. And I like your psychic friend too. She sounds like a very smart lady.

Gail p-m

Hi Betty,

I am so sorry for all your pain. Back pain is the worse. I am glad the the pain medicine is giving you relief.

Praying for you and hoping all will be alright.

You have been so supportive to everyone here, and you will have so many prayers coming your way.

Maryanne

Bet,

I am so sorry that you are feeling so poorly. My thoughts will be there with you girlfriend until you start doing your happy dance again (even a short one!)

Bunches of good wishes going out to you Bet..

Betty, again, I have to say you are one of my favorite people in the whole world, not just this board. You are always so cheerful and positive and you are such a strong woman! I hope the pain goes away soon, and I hope your psychic friend is right, no matter, she sounds like a wonderful friend to have because she is lifting you up with hope and that is important. Stay strong, kiddo, and know we are all thinking and praying for you.

Love,

Karen