Another Thoracentesis on Monday.

cindi o'h

The lung doctor ordered it. She is not convinced there is not cancer in the pleural space. The last CT scan showed moderate effusion. It has been up and down for months. Since I am so SOB, she wants that drained. I am hoping this will help as I can barely get to the bathroom and back sometimes without being all done in.

I asked for versid and fentanyl to help to take the edge off. I tolerate procedures better than most, but the last thoracentesis had me in shaking tears. I was a cooperative crier. I don't want to have to do this again. That is why I asked for the pharmaceutical help. Also, I asked that I not have a fellow do the procedure. I have too many health problems to be the guinea pig for some inexperienced hand. I don't know if that is the right approach to take, but that is how I feel.

I guess I am getting a little nervous about it. I will try to put it out of my mind.

Glad that you are all here. Say a prayer that everything goes all right for me. I know that it is a procedure that can go smoothly but it is also one that has risks. I learned that from you guys....!

Cindi o'h

Doggone it, Cindi. We've just got to get you well. Here goes, right out loud for all of cyber space to hear:

Dear Father,

I love you, I trust you, and I know that you hear my prayers. You are the all-knowing, all-powerful loving Father of Cindi. Cindi has had a really rough time, and she needs your help. Please, in the name of Jesus, wrap your great big loving arms around her, lift her up, and let her know that you are there. She is scared and weak, but you are strong. She doesn't have anyone in her home to look after her, but I know that you are there and she is not alone. Thank you for taking care of her for all of us. We love her, too, and I thank you for your unconditional love.

In Jesus name,

Amen

cindi,

My Husband had MULTIPLE thoracentis' done and he ALWAYS felt better afterward. He had a fellow do it once and she was okay except that she used "echo" with the stethascope to determine where to go in as opposed to ultrasound. I wasn't too crazy about that since ultra sound is available so why not use the most current technolog. Double amen to stand4hope's prayer for you!!!!

CathyW

Cindi,

When all this stuff is over and done with and your are feeling great and back behind the bar at your pub, you need to write a medical book. My friend, you have had more than your fair share of problems and I have many things crossed and many prayers heading your way.

Cindi,

I am sorry that you have this stuff going on right now..

I am sending my best wishes out to you and know that you will be feeling so much better after Monday. Please try not to worry too much this weekend ( I know that's WAY easier said than done!)

My thoughts are there with you...

Cindi,

You are soooooo in my prayers. You are one smart cookie to request those drugs. My pulmonologist thought I was a big baby. I know, they didn't SAY it, but I could tell. They kept saying, this is such an easy procedure. We do it on patients twice your age with no problems! I've had 4, the first one I fainted, the second one took forever because I THOUGHT I was going to either throw up or pass out, the 3rd one same thing, and the 4th one I did throw up.

My best advice to you is DO NOT let this go. I really went way to long getting these "procedures" (I can't spell the thorencentesis word or say it

:roll: ) and my lung was completely encased with fluid from top to bottom before I knew it. That's when they put in the Denver Catheter. Had that in 5 grueling weeks, but the fluid has not come back and it's been almost a year since having it out! :D

When is your procedure? I'll send all my positive thoughts that you have a good experience and that the drugs help keep you calm.

TAnn

thanks everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. I will go in at 9:30 for the IV to be installed in one department. Then I go over to the hospital and they hook me up to the meds from there at 10:00. They said to allow 3 hours. They will keep me for an hour after the procedure to monitor me for...bleeding? I don't know..

Thanks especially TAnn. It helps me to know that I am not alone in my feelings here. And especially coming from you, another level-headed gal.

I am depending on God to get me through and the drugs that they had better load up for me.

Cindi o'h