Great news!

jorja

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if you all know about my dad. My dad is 75 and last august he was diagnosed with SCLC in his right lung. He finished 6 rounds of chemo in feb and radiation in nov. There were complications with the radiation (couldn't eat or drink). About 3 weeks ago we took him to the ER because he had a fever and shortness of breathe. He was on antibiotics (2 of them) and on oxygen. They figured it was pneumonia After being in the hospital for almost 2 weeks he finally came home but was still on oxygen. Today we took him to get his CT scan done (which is out of town) and when we came home the oncologist called! I was so scared! The radiologist had called him to let him know that my dad had "air" outside of his lungs which is causing his shortness of breathe. he also said there was NO Tumour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all so relieved. We take him to the hospital tomorrow morning so they can take a closer look at this "air" that is outside of the lungs! I hope they can remove it because he has no appetite or energy!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for listening,

Jorja

Thank you for all of your wonderful words!!

I just got back from taking my dad to the hospital. It ends up he has radiation pneumonitis and pneumorthorax (sp?) which can be potentially dangerous. My dad's oncologist says this happend because he had pneumonia and all the coughing that he had has caused his lungs to release air. So right now there are tubes in his chest cavity that will release the air. (cross your fingers) The doctor says he has a bit of emphysema in his lungs....is that bad? Anyways, we are all VERY thankful that the tumor is gone!

I will be praying for all of you too! If we just got good news there is always hope for everyone!!!

Jorja