I AM A SAD CAREGIVER

irene ong

Hi, before I go on, I am sorry for the wrong posting made earlier.

I have just visited my father-in-law and today his condition has deteriorated further. His leg arm is no longer mobile and he is unable to recognise people. Doctor started him on tube feeding and as a caregiver I feel terribly sad to see him suffering.

I know there is no cure to this illness and the only thing we can do is to give him lots of comfort.

I really don't want to see him suffer so much and sometimes I do hope there is a magic wand somewhere. If only magic can make him stay alive ....

Irene, Iam so deeply sorry for you and expecially you dad. It must be heart wrenching to see him deteriorate so fast. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I pray for him to find peace and soon for him to be pain free, and rid of that sick, deseased body. His soul will live on in you along with a lifetime of memories. You are a wonderful daughter, who was there for him, and he really loves you for that.

Irene, I wish I also had a magic wand to wave over everyone who suffers from this terrible desease.

Please keep us posted. You will be receiving much support and prayers from all over.

Maryanne

Wow, it took me 15 minutes to get to someplace to post. This forum is very complicated.

Husband is now in 5th week of chemo and radition for inoperable lung cancer. I said that on a post someplace. He is having severe diahrehia (sp? you know very loose bowels). Diet does not seem to help.

By the way, doc said tumor had gotten smaller. Unfortunately, husband has gotten much, much weaker. Is this a side effect of Radiation or chemo?

Please send help to pegmih@hotmail.com