I'm trusting you guys!

Justakid

OK, I'm trusting you guys! You keep saying for me to live my life, well even though I went from Stage 3 to Stage 4 in a matter of months, AFTER MAJOR TREATMENT.......I'm going to believe that I will make it.

In addition to planning my carribean trip (after this most current treatment and hopefully clean scans). I just planned a Disney Thanksgiving week vacation for me the husband and kids. I told the rest of my family if they wanted to go fine and gave them the dates. Mom and Dad of course already have attaching timeshare rooms with my family, so they will be there. I have decided that you only live once and I want my children to have happy lasting happy memories and one day they'll say......remember that year we spent at Disney for thanksgiving.....even though mom may have been sick....it was great........and something we may never do again or maybe we can take are kids in remember her there..............

I made my husband swear that even if I should die the day before, he will take the children and go......not worry about money, eat, drink, shop, enjoy and not look back. Well he will have to put me on ice first!

I have lived most of my life is a depressed state and this cancer shi_ hasn't helped much, it is too important to me to make a wonderful lasting memory with the family. Kyle and I played Ninentdo 64 yesterday (and I suck at most of them - I'm great at the old ones), he laughed so hard at me he said his sides hurt.

We bought seasons passes to Kings Dominion Theme Park here in VA and we are going tomorrow....the kids are pumped, I'm scared that it will be too mentally exhausting BUT we are taking my Mom's wheel chair and O2 just in case and oh yeah the Xanax......I'll take it one breath at a time and watch my family ride the rides and enjoy themselves. Of course, I'll have to get a funnelcake! And ride the merry-go-round if I don't get too dizzy, videotape everything, you know the normal Mom stuff.

I'm trusting in ya'll and making plans for my future, not just what I'm going to wear tomorrow. So all you believers out there who have gotten me through this so far......get me through my Thanksgiving extraviganza (sp?). No turkey this year for us! Maybe the RainForest Cafe Restuarant for thanksgiving (awesome place!)

Beth,

Glad to hear of your plans. I have an idea for you!

Why don't we call your stage, Stage IIIb and a half--I mean, look at it this way, it's not out of your lungs, soooooooo-- think of it as not quite stage IV and then it sounds much more beatable as I am certain you can do!

I think of you often. Especially in the middle of the night when I am fighting my demons. If you want, you can send some of your demons my way, and i will fight them too. Might as well fight more than just mine, while I am at at it!

love and fortitude

elaine

Beth,

You are shouting my mantra. I never stopped planning a future with Earl and I continue to plan a future for myself. Tomorrow is not a guarantee for any of us. But hopes and dreams are a vital ingredient in a happy life.

I remember when I turned 50, I thought I should be shopping in the old lady department and wearing sensible shoes. Wow, was I wrong. Who you are and what you are is so many ways in your prespective.

Don't think of yourself as an invalid but as a strong and vital wife, mother, daughter and friend who is working her way through a tough time but who still wants to enjoy life and plan for the future.

You go girl.

Have a ball, we'll all be there with ya, in spirit.

Luv

jim

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in

a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a

Ride!".......LIVE LIFE EACH DAY!!!!!

Ok, Beth, you can count on me to be your most faithful cheerleader! Plan those trips, enjoy the summer, and I'm really envious of the funnelcake! I have to wait to get to Comiskey Park for a White Sox game to get a great funnelcake, but I will, that's for sure.

Cindy

Beth,

I want you to know that hubby and I are wishing you the best. You are truly inspiring us now. I sat here and read your post to him today and he was saying "good for her and way to go Beth". A big smile came across his face and I could see that it sparked a newfound spirit within him , as well. Thanks Beth. I just want you to know that your courage is contagious. We love you and send you our prayers.

Sue

Good for you Beth - have a great time. I should have made that decision 5 years ago when I was diagnosed with nsclc. Now, with sclc, I am finally "getting it". Do it now - don't keep putting things off. I am not saving for a rainy day anymore, my rainy day is here.

My sister and I are going on a cruise - something I have always wanted to do "someday" (just a 4 day to Mexico). Make memories - that is the important thing, cancer or not, you never know about Becky's beer truck.

My son's friend is 23 with melanoma, mets everywhere. His parents took him on a cruise, spent Thanksgiving in Hawaii and are taking lots of pictures. Have fun, keep smiling and make sure you get in some of the pictures.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B

keep planning! And have fun! After my mom's stage 4 diagnosis she managed to get in trips to Ireland, Germany, Hawaii, Bahamas, a cruise with friends, a family trip to a resort, planned my father's 60th birthday party and many many other smaller but just as vital events.

Keep on planning! and dreaming! and doing! As much as you are able.

Amy

Way to go Beth. That sounds like my kind of plan. Have a blast, live the good life and never have regrets! You are one TERRIFIC mother.

I'll be thinking of you on Thanksgiving while I hanging out in the kitchen doing the dinner dishes.

You have great ideas going. Where is the Rain Forest Cafe Restaurant in florida. We used to go down a lot when our girl was younger but not as much now. Today, I was figuring out the distance from here to Idaho and that area. Don't know if I will get there but will start going that way. Sometimes, I get too tired. As i have told my husband; you just can't sit around all the time and do nothing. Got to have something in the works and you seem to have hit the nail on the head.

After it warms up a little more; we want to take baby Crimson (3 Years) down to N.C. to the zoo they have. Like you, I feel sure I will need a wheel chair. Right much ground to cover, but that's alright.

have fun. Marion