Thanks To Everyone of You

luvmydog2

It was 2 year ago today that I was diagnosed with NSCLC. I was not sick but mearly went to the doctor for a check-up. My doctor saw a cloudy spot on my lung. A CT was ordered and then more tests and eventually surgery. Well everyone is familer with the rest of the story.

Due to me taking leave of absence from work put me on the internet more...

I then stumbled on this wonderful site. I was member number 441 to join. Today there are 1822 registered members. I would check it 1 time a day. Now I check it 4 or 5 times a day. Am I addicted or what? I don't post much but I do read all the posts. I mean ALL. I click on 'Read Post Since Last Visit" and that gives me all.

When you laugh; I laugh. When you cry; I cry. When you grieve; I grieve. I pray for each of us daily.

I used to pop in Chat once in a while to say hello. We would cut up and have a good time. Sometimes after I would sign off I would stop and think "should I have said that." I often felt like I made someone mad. But you know what....I would go to the message board and find more laughs - sometimes bigger laughs then what I just said.

Cancer is rough and hard. As Norme used to say "buckle your belt, you are in for a rough ride." I am doing fine at the present time. CT and chest x-ray every 6 months. Have a chest x-ray one three months and then CT next 3 months. But why do I keep coming here if I am doing good? I CARE ABOUT OTHERS. I look at posts sometimes 2 or 3 times. I could post reply but I know someone else has been there and will post. If not I will post in a day or 2.

A lot of people have come and left since I joined. Some left because they no longer need the support that is offered here. A few have left because they were a caregiver and their loved one passed. And last but not least, some have lost their battle with the disease. I don't know how many of these 1822 are still with us. But I do know that there is more support here then ever.

I truely am glad to be a part of this group. I want to think each of you for careing enough to want to share with others. I am blessed to have crossed paths with each and everyone of you. Some of you truely amaze me. I would never have the courage or strength that some have.

I don't want to call names cause I'll leave someone out. Some have left us. No matter what has happened in a given day, you can be there to help others no matter what your day has been like. You all have been an inspiration to me. Thanks Katie and Rick. You go above and beyond in keeping this site going. Said I would not mention names so I'll shut up.

Thanks for reading this lenghty message and for putting up with me. As long as you choose to put up with me...I'll be here. :wink:

As Sam used to say...God Bless Us All

Bruce,

Glad to see that you are doing so well. I have missed seeing your posts as often as you used to post but happy to see that you are ok. This is a wonderful site and I am drawn to it the way you are. I think about all of us daily and keep "us" in my prayers. We are among friends and family here. Like you, I want to say thank you to everyone for participating and being here for others.

Nina

Bruce,

What a sincere and gracious post ....

You are one of those people that I always check the board to keep an eye on your health, and I am always glad to see that you are doing okay.

We had alot of fun in chat, back in the day :D , with some of those people that are no longer with us. Between Bobmc and his bird, and DavidA cutting up, and us women harassing the men at any opportunity, I would just sit here at my computer laughing. And lets not forget you with friggin Dollywood. :lol::lol::lol: I can't help smiling just typing about it all.

I'm glad your still here Bruce, we need constants here, even if sometimes we all need a breather. It is comforting to see you around, even if neither one of us really has the heart to chat like we used to, I know your still here. And that helps me sleep a little bit better...

Congratulations on your 2 years and I wish you many, many more....

Hey Bruce,

I just sent a pm back at ya, so I won't say too much. Now, I read it is your anniversary. You know how huge...HUGE! this two years is... it is cause for a celebration.. how about that pie that you like so much or that burger place that Di goes to get her celebrating done? I know that you have your favorite digs in your town.. would love to hear that you acknowleged this event in a tremendously powerful way.

All my best to you, Bruce.

love, Cindi o'h

We had alot of fun in chat, back in the day :D , with some of those people that are no longer with us. Between Bobmc and his bird, and DavidA cutting up, and us women harassing the men at any opportunity, I would just sit here at my computer laughing. And lets not forget you with friggin Dollywood. :lol::lol::lol: I can't help smiling just typing about it all.

Those were the good ole days Debi. Bob and DavidA left a lot of memories for us all. I'll never forget the DavidA and Dave G dog battle tho. For those of you that don't know it DavidA started and hosted the Tuesday Chat.

DOLLYWOOD.... Let's not forget that I have never been to the beach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce,

Don't get me started on the beach, I almost put that in my original post but spared you. :roll:

The RY family can travel to the Carolinas from MICHIGAN to go to the ocean, but you still cannot make the 5 hour drive to the beach. THAT is going to be your assignment this year...make the RIGHT hand turn out of the driveway pointed away from Dollywood and drive to the beach so you can actually, for the first time in your LIFE, see the ocean.

I will be expecting you to mail me a seashell for proof... :wink:

Bruce,

That was the most lovely post. I know you meant every word, I felt your heart pouring out. That is why I continue to come here. You are all so wonderful. Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary. I will also be celebrating my 2 year anniv. since diagnosis in April, only a few weeks away, but I will wait to celebrate until it's official.

Thank you for your heartfelt words and thank you for all the encouragement you have given me, and all of us.

TAnn

Bruce,

I am sure glad you are here in this community. There have been many times when you have been one of those who have lifted my spirits. You are such a wonderful person, I am grateful for this board also for the opportunity to meet you and so many others. Thanks for the wonderful post.