UPDATE ON MAMA4ZACH

mama4zach

Hello Everyone, I just got home from the the hospital on Tuesday and just getting around to checking in on everything on computer. I have finished my radiation and have 2 more rounds of chemo to go. It has been a tough road. I had my last round of chemo March 15, 2005 and by the following Thursday I was very sick. I had to have a blood transfusion and my blood counts all dropped to nearly nothing. I was in the hospital for 6 days. So I have an appointment with my onc on Monday to see if my dose needs changed or ?????????? I am taking cisplatin and etopiside. But I thank God I am still here. I did not know it but they said I was very lucky to have come thru such an ordeal. Also, where they did the radiation my esophagas was burned and I am having problems with swallowing. My taste and smell are all messed up. Sounds like alot of complaining but I am just giving you guys an update. Hope to be able to talk to you again soon but don't know what Monday holds so keep praying and I think of you guys often. Love, Nancy

Oh Mama!

Please do not worry about sounding as if you are complaining...jeez... those of us who have been through it understand. The way I think about it is they try to "dang near" kill you, but don't. They take you just to the brink and then bring you back again. That way, all of the cancer is killed and you get to live. Sounds like you have been taken to the brink.

Hang in there, Mama. Good to hear of your update. And I know that you are in good hands where you are getting your treatment.

And by the way, if there is a time in anyone's life that they deserve to spout off, this is it...so have at it! Honor your narcisim! It must be done.

All my best to you and to your family.

Cindi o'h

Sounds like you had similar treatment as me (cisplatin, etopside and radiation) You've been thru most all of it now. Radiation is cumulative; the effects don't hit you full force till the end. That's what happened to me. Stick with smooth, soothing food that's easy to get down - ice cream, icepops, and lots of Ensure drinks to keep up strength. They really kept me going. It'll take some time to start to feel better, but you WILL feel better. I needed a blood transfusion towards the end also. Get lots of rest and fluids. We're rootin' for ya! Keep posting :)

Joanie

Nancy,

You must've read my mind! I was just telling my parents that I hadn't heard from you and was getting worried and was going to give you a phone call. I am so sorry that this has been so horrible for you but have to say for such an ordeal you still sound like you're trooping along! Wow, you are one strong lady! My dad is coming up to get his 3 month scans done on Tuesday and I believe Wednesday. The mentioned stopping by to see you and meet you and give you some encouragement if you will be getting treatment. I will try to give you a call to see if that is something you would be up to. Hang in there and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Tammy