Greetings

absolone

Hello -- I have had lung cancer for almost 8 years. Until last Sept, I had

done fairly well. At that time I began to have extensive pleural fluid which

has changed the way I can live my life. It seems time to connect w/others

experiencing some of what dominates my life these days. Currently I am

undergoing a series of chemo treatments for the 1st time. The 1st signs of some improvement are showing & I'm grateful for that.

Look forward to getting to know others in this lung cancer community.

Absolone

Welcome Absolone,

I am usually quiet on this site, though I read all the psots every day. Everyone here is very helpful and compassionate. You are an 8 year survivor. WOW! I have no words to help you deal with what seems to be happening for you right now. Just want to tell you that you are in the right place to receive support. I wish I would write more of what I am experiencing, but am a rather shy person until I get to know others.

I am sure there will be someone who can offer you the support you need. I just hope everything will be okay for you since you haave been a survivor!

Best of luck.

Welcome Absolone.

Great to see a long time survivor! You are the folks that give all the rest of us hope.

Sorry about your recurrence. That must have come as a shock! It will be good to hear more of your story in the future. Those dang effusions can take your breath away, huh?

Hope that you do well through your treatments. And hope to see you around here often. This is a very optimistic group of folks who are muddling through this disease process together...Glad you can join us!

Cindi o'h

Hello Absolone, and welcome to our little world. There are wonderful people here. Many of whom have beat the odds, over and over again. You will get much encouragment here, which we certainly need at times.

You are an 8 year survivor, that is wonderful.

Can you let us know what kind of LC you had and what the staging was at that time?

Things have changed so much in 8 years, but whatever you had done, certainly worked for you. If you can fill in your profile, it will show up at the bottom of your post. That way we will be able to understand more about your situation.

Hang in there and know we are here for you.

Maryanne

Absolone, Welcome and congratulations on being an 8 year survivor of this disease.You will find lots of knowing and caring people here.

As for the chemo treatments they effect most people differently.I am just beginning chemo for the second time since 2003.In my case I get sick at the stomach (nausea) and tired.I also have veins that don't like needles so it usually hurts to have IVs put in.

Let us know more about what type chemo & what type &stage of cancer and I'm sure there will be many here who can help you.

Welcome to you!

I am sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for you recently. Sometimes it can be a struggle, but thankfully the doctors are improving the treatments daily to make the side effects and the qualiity of lives so much better treatments 8 years ago.

I am really glad to hear that you are starting to get some relief from the treatments.

Keep your head up, better days are coming your way,

Wendy

Hello Absolone.

Welcome to the website. It' good to see the words "eight years" and "survivor" used in the same sentence. Sorry to hear you have to have another go-round with this thing - hope all goes well for you. I for one, would like to hear about your eight year journey, and I'm sure others would be just as interested. Take care.

David P.

My eyes opened wide when I read you are an 8 yr survivor!! This is such an accomplishment at a time when the statistics continually knock us down. I'm sorry you're experiencing a relapse...but please know this is a community of hope and support for those of us living on in every stage. Welcome...come in and chat whenever you feel a need to learn...or share....or just to rest a while.