Progression and switching to Tarceva

stand4hope

Peggy,

You have always been there for me to pick me back up when I got bad news. You are such a great support to all of us, I hope we can return the favor ten-fold.

Sending prayers for your husband that the Tarceva works. I was also on Iressa and now Tarceva. I've been on it (150mg) now for 3 full months and would say I've tolerated it pretty well. I think just accepting that I am going to have the rash no matter what helps me cope. It's not that bad, worse than Iressa, but tolerable.

Take care of yourself as well as your hubby. Check in when you can.

Teri

Peggy, I am really disappointed to read this and I feel your sadness. I respect you so very much, so will stand back and leave you alone. You got me through one of my rough spots and for that I will be forever grateful. I wish I could help you through this one, but just know I'm thinking about you and we love you.

I hope hubby gets some fantastic riding in. Dave is expressing a desire to do his own thing this spring, probably some camping, so I hope they both get to do these things.

God Bless,

Karen

Thank you everyone so much. You are just the best. Nobody in the world could ask for better friendships than those on this website.

We did get the PET report, and unfortunately, it was much worse than we even thought. I won't even count the number of times the word increase or new were used.

We talked to the doctor again, and are still going to try Tarceva for a while, even though he said Alimta is a bigger gun. He also said there is nothing life-threatening now, hubby is doing well, and he was supportive of the decision to try Tarceva for a while. John also posted to me on Ask the Experts that there is a good chance that Tarceva crosses the blood brain barrier, too, so hopefully this stuff will knock back the brain tumors as well.

I have had almost no sleep for two nights in a row and am emotionally exhausted, so I came home from work, took two Tylenol PMs and am now going to try to get some sleep.

Hubby asked me to not cave in on him because he isn't going to cave in. He's being the strong one right now. It seems that throughout our marriage when one of us was weak, the other was strong, and that seems to be the case right now. He's the one pumping me up. Can you believe that? He is such a good man.

Thank you for your prayers. God is everything.

Love to all,

Peggy

Peggy,

I am sad to read this news.

What an inspiration you are to everyone. It is true

you have been such a support to so many people here.

True miswestern hospitality. You know that with all of

us sending prayers up for your hubby, only total healing is in

order. He does hear and answer our prayers...

Please keep us posted. Thinking and praying for you

and the Mr. Peggy.

God Bless, prayers and hugs,

Karen

Peggy,

Thank you for your generosity in posting again.

Brian and I cling to your example.............

Please get some good rest and know that we love you and are sending lots of support. Your family is foremost in our prayers today.

Very best regards,

Pat and Brian

Peggy,

I am sorry, you know that. I have been thinking about you all day. It's funny, when we got bad news, Earl would always bounce back and say, "Gin, we are going to beat this". It helped me immensely and probably helped him too.

Even in the midst of this devastating news it is important to try and keep as much normalcy in your life as possible. Riding a motorcycle, going out to eat, watching a funny movie. It is these things that make a life. Is it a false front, more than likely, but it sometimes allows you to forget and that is wonderful.

A friend of mine just called. Her mother died Sunday night. She was 93 so she had lived a good long life and died peacefully. She had worn a visor all the time since she had been dx'd with glaucoma many years ago since light glare hurt her eyes. When she went into hospice, she insisted that she was to leave this world in her visor and glasses. Normalcy to the very end.

Peggy, I wish I had arms that stretched to Indiana and could wrap you in them and give you comfort.

Just wanted to thank you all again, and also to clarify a couple of things from the first post here. The met that I thought looked like the adrenal gland was not. It was on the spine, and the one I thought looked like it might be on the trachea was on the top of the sternum (the manubrium).

Also, there are two lesions that the report said are on the "right lung or chest wall". Since I wrote you last, I asked the onc if that meant there is cancer in that lung now, and he mumbled around and said something like, "Oh, I don't think so. It's probably on the bones." :roll:

I guess it really doesn't matter because Tarceva is going to knock it all dead. Right? Right!

Love to all, and thank you, thank you, thank you!

Peggy

I am sorry to hear the cancer found a way around the Iressa. I hope the Tarceva does the trick. John did have problems in the beginning but all seem to be ok now.

I hope the issue with your son resolves itself also...what is it with boys? My 17 year old about drove all us loopy on vacation. Hang in there Peggy~

Rochelle

(((Peggy))), I am sorry to hear about this. Your hubby is wonderful and he even can do such a nice thing to support you. That's what marriage are for....I admire that you have such a good hubby during the difficult time. Peggy, you just need a bit of time to accept this sudden turnaround and I believe you can support your dear hubby very soon.

I will certainly keep your hubby in my prayers and also let God give you mental and physical strengths.