LUNG TUMOR OR INFECTION????

Hi everyone, I am new here. I have been through a lot so I will get to my point. I am 38 years old and have had bad health issues for a long time. I was just told that I may have a tumor-tumors in my left lobe of my lung. I am a non smoker, who had hodgkins when I was 19 treated with Chemo and Rad. I had a heart attack and Quad bypass when I was 27 due to complications of the radaiation, I then found a Schwannoma in my L-1 Spine over 1 year ago. I was treated with the Cybeknife and am doing very well, Now if thats not enough, I have just been told after a CT scan because of a cough that ive had for about 2 months and PET SCAN that I have a mass in my lower left lobe that looks like a Tumor. Im going this week for a biopsy, I have also been told that because I get nomnia so much its is possible that it could be scaring/or an infection in the left lobe. Any thoghts or suggestions. Im very worried and need some advise.

Thanks

Steve

ps if you want to read my story check out this link:

thanks again for any support I can get from you.

http://www.spinalcordtumor.homestead.co ... steve.html

Hi: Unfortunately, you have to wait for a diagnosis. I hope the biopsy is good news. you certainly have had your share of health problems already. I am not an expert, but apparently your docs think that it is a good possibility that it is just scarring or an infection. I think you might as well entertain that possibility until you get the biopsy.

I am going with the scarring - perhaps due to all your previous health issues. I know radiation can cause that even years later. I wold keep that thought as a possibiity until you actually have real test results. I will be wishing you good luck with this.

Hi Steve,

Your anxiety over this is completely understandable and well deserved. I read your link, and dude, you have been through alot. (by the way, good looking young men!).

Unfortunately, you are in the middle of the wait and see. It seems as if the docs have recommended the biopsy for a reason. They want to rule in or rule out what the biggest fear is. I can only hope and pray with you that what remains in your lung is scar tissue.

In the meantime, try so hard to put efforts into tools that you have used in the past to help to calm your fears. Try to keep your mind or hands occupied so as not to have to think of the day ahead...only the date to show up. What will be will be.

Best of luck to you, Steve. And keep us posted on your results won't you?

Cindi o'h

Steve,

Your boys are beautiful. I agree with most of what you've said, one sees with different eyes after serious brush with mortality.

Hurry up and wait is difficult -- it out and out sucks. But it is.

No sense getting your knickers in a twist while you wait.

I hope the biopsy is conclusive, whatever it is, and I'll pray it is scarring.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

XOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

Steve,

Your boys are beautiful. I agree with most of what you've said, one sees with different eyes after serious brush with mortality.

Hurry up and wait is difficult -- it out and out sucks. But it is.

No sense getting your knickers in a twist while you wait.

I hope the biopsy is conclusive, whatever it is, and I'll pray it is scarring.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

XOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

i love the picture of the dog,,,,how did you do that? Can you e mail that to me ,,,thats very kool.

Steven1338@aol.com

thanks

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm ... ID=1227423

Hi Steve,

Your anxiety over this is completely understandable and well deserved. I read your link, and dude, you have been through alot. (by the way, good looking young men!).

Unfortunately, you are in the middle of the wait and see. It seems as if the docs have recommended the biopsy for a reason. They want to rule in or rule out what the biggest fear is. I can only hope and pray with you that what remains in your lung is scar tissue.

In the meantime, try so hard to put efforts into tools that you have used in the past to help to calm your fears. Try to keep your mind or hands occupied so as not to have to think of the day ahead...only the date to show up. What will be will be.

Best of luck to you, Steve. And keep us posted on your results won't you?

Cindi o'h

Cindi, Im hoping for the best but I fear the worst, I just cant tell you how bad I feel, I have been through so much, this just isnt fair. It turns out that these tumors were detected in 2001 and I was never informed until the other day,. Figure that one out.

Steven

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm ... ID=1227423