My mom's scans---

Andrea

My mom had her scans today. She is still NED per the PET and ct-scans. However, she has a possible brain anyerusm and needs to get a CTA scan of the brain this week for evaluation.

Anyone have any anyerusm experience?

Thanks!

Great on clean scans, Andrea.

An aneurysm is scary, but many people live with them. My ex-mother-in-law lived after one burst. She had some short-term memory issues for a while and spent a bit of time in the hospital recovering afterward, but it's now seven years later and she's still going at 73....

Something to be taken care of, for sure, but not necessarily a reason to panic.

Hope all is well for you!

Andrea,

Sometimes what appears to be aneurysm isn't one. I had a scare about 9 years ago...but after the testing it was determined that what I had was an unusual appearing "...bifurcation..." of the internal carotid artery. Because I have Polycystic Organ Disease everyone was convinced that this was an aneurysm. But it wasn't. Here's to hoping that your Mom is found to be negative for this, too. And congrats on the NED status!

Andrea,

I am so glad to hear that your mom's scans were clean. What a relief it is to always get past that point of not knowing. I'm totally convinced that not knowing is worse than knowing.

I don't know a thing about aneurysms, other than they need immediate attention, so please let us know as soon as you know something.

All my love,

Peggy

You know you are in cancer land when you get excited that a brain MRI shows "only" a possible anyerusm :)

She went for the CT angiograph yest, but there were vein access problems, so she goes to the hospital for it on Monday. I will update you all then.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Andrea,

You're right about knowing you're on a cancer board when everybody's going, "Whew, it's just possibly an anyeurism (sp)!" What a perspective we've developed here!

Anyway, don't know much about them, except that finding them before they burst is key. Since that's the case, they should figure out what it is, what to do, and your mom should be all fixed up.

Congratulations to your mom on the 'good' test results!

May your family sleep a little better for a while!

Cindy

Just seeing this, and waiting to hear on that test.

I worked with a lady once who had a brain aneursym burst. She was rushed to the local big medical center and saved. She actually came back to work full time after about a year of therapy. She's doing OK now.

My Dad had an aortic aneurysm once but that's different, although a tad more deadly I think. It was repaired and he is living happily ever after (well, as happily as he can with a Stage IV cancer patient).

I am so very happy your Mom still has NED in her life, and I'm hoping the aneursym scare is just a scare.

Hang in there, kiddo.

Karen