Peas to the right-Peas to the left. Not good news.

Remembering Dave

Hello all. I received my third of five chemo doses for the week today. I can deffinitely feel it. I was feeling pretty good until today and then I woke up and my knees were hurting me again. It took a while to get going thanks to a few percocets. Don't know if we had posted that I had another brain MRI this past Saturday even though my neurosurgeon had just had one done two weeks ago. The Onc. scheduled this because I have been exhibiting some new symptoms. My toes and fingers have been getting more numb than usual and my chin is numb all the time now. Also last week I got real dizzy and fell up the stairs at our house. I scraped my arm up pretty good. I don't know if I passed out or just had a dizzy spell but if I did pass out then it was only for a breif instant. My Dad was right behind me and I got right back up so other than the scraped up road rash arm I really did not worry much about it but the Onc scheduled the MRI right away and well......I got the results today. Immediately after chemo My Dad and I met with my Onc. and it appears as if I have a new pea ( tumor? ) on the left side of my brain. The two on the right side are the same size as before but this one on the left is brand new. As for the numb chin he said that everybody's chin has a little hole in it and for some reason the cancer likes to settle in that chin hole. The Onc. has calls in to my Radiologist and Neurosurgeon to see what they want to do about the new pea in the brain and the chin hole. I have a Bone Scan and a Mandible x-ray (for the chin hole) scheduled for Monday April 4th. That should give us more insight into my chin hole and also tell us what may be going on in the mets to my spine and hips. I have been able to feel my back and hips lately, not exactly painfull feeling but I am more aware that I can feel the places it has spread. I have a CT scheduled for April 11 which will tell us of any further spread and also the status of the spot which showed on my liver. Needless to say this is not the news expected or hoped and prayed for. I ask that you keep my wife and family in your prayers. It is tearing me up to see how news like this effects the people I love and are so important in my life. I know it is difficult to get bad news but please remember that us who are fighting are still here and alive and wanting to stay alive and our wishes and needs need to be respected as much as the care givers feelings and needs. This is a very difficult time for all of us here , or else none of us would be here at LCHELP, and in the words of that famous L.A. poet Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?" OK, enough of that. Seriously folks, this is not good news here at Chapman Acres and we need all the prayers and support you can give. I have found it difficult to post lately but believe me I follow each one of you and you are all in my prayers daily.

David C

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,

I am so saddened by this latest news. I feel like I know your family and that we are really friends not just cyber friends.

Please know that as much as I worry about Karen and Faith, it is you my dear friend that I most worry about. It is you that is fighting this horrendous disease. So often people would say to me how sorry they were for me when Earl was sick. I would always reply that their prayers and concerns had to be directed to Earl, not me.

David, hang tough please.

I just talked to David and just wanted everyone to know what an extraordinary brother I have -- in case you didn't already know. :wink: Mind you, sometimes we might wish he'd be more "ordinary" in some respects (only his health), but he's truly extraordinary, no way around it. He's the best, and I'm so thankful for the support everyone here gives to him and his family. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

BeckyCW

Ginny, I agree with you.

I will do ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING to fight this thing with Dave. Of course that is nothing but selfish motivation because I can't stand the thought of living the rest of my life without him. But for the here and now, I hate to see him suffering and going through this torture day in and day out.

Thanks everyone for your support.

God Bless,

Karen

David,

I am so sorry to hear of your latest news. It isn't good news, but know that I am praying for you and your family. You are strong and a fighter, but in order to stay strong you must take care of yourself first. Get lots of rest and try to stay in the "game".

I know the chemo must be getting to you too. You shouldn't have to go through this, we are here for you.

TAnn

Aw crap and crud and $%@#$ and dammitallanyway.

Not news I wanted to hear from you David...just as I'm sure it's not news you wanted to get.

Know that you always have my best thoughts and wishes headed your way, as well as to Karen and Faith. I hope there are some effective answers to all of this....and you keep your positive attitude as it DOES help!!

I'm vibing you my best....

David-

Karen called me today and told me................although I am beating my own head against the wall.....I am still here for you guys. My problems are minimal in comparison.

Lets see what the scans show and go from there. I'm thinking about you guys, let me know what I can do!

Dave and all you Chapmans,

You know that we're all here, right behind you. You just focus on the battle -- beat that crappy cancer, get rid of those wretched peas, muster all your strength to fight the good fight. We're all praying, vibing, doing everything we can to send our waves to you to strengthen you as you continue to show us how to do it.

Love, and as Elaine always says --fortitude!

Ellen