JABBED,ZAPPED,& POTHOLED// AN UPDATE ON FRANK

Frank Lamb

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to let you all know what has been going on lately.I have started Chemo again,every monday for 7 weeks.(jabbed).I also have started radiation again 5 times a week for 7 weeks.(zapped).I also am driving or being driven every day to the VA and back through the famous Pennsylvania Potholes.(potholed).

Been having headaches and dizzy spells so I'm having a CT of the head next monday to make sure there is no mets to brain.

This time around seems to be more difficult than the last time.The nausea,being sick,& fatigue all seem to be more severe this time.

Mabe I need more bud lite and more chocolate donuts.

Oh, Frank..

I am so proud of you for keeping your sense of humor through all of this!

You are a force to be reckoned with! If you're going to live to be a hundred you are going to have to endure the pot holes...keep up the good work, my man. And the next round of bud lite is on me...someone else can get you the doughnuts!

Hang in there, guy.

Cindi o'h

Frank,

Although I haven't posted much lately, I've been thinking about you alot and hoping your treatment was going easy. I'm sorry to hear that things are tougher this time around, but it's so wonderful to see that you are keeping things lite...even your beer. You're such a trooper. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers and hope things get better.

Frank, Frank, Frank!! Beer and Chocolate??!!??!? Thats enough to make me potholed just thinking about that combination although I must admit that I have never tried Bud Light and Chocolate together but I do know that my beloved Samuel Adams deffinitely does not go together very well with Chocolate. I also had a harder time with my 2nd round of chemo. Hang in there and lean with the swerves (avoid the potholes) Put on your suntan lotion (getting zapped) and keep your fists up (getting jabbed). My prayers are for an empty headed Frank with your upcomming CT. Just remember I have the monopoly for peas in the brain so you can't have any.

David C

Frank, you tell all those docs that you are the VPOSJ here. (That is the vice president of stupid jokes).

Seriously Frank, I sincerely hope that if this round of treatments is so lousy that it is treating those dam* lc cells the same way. Keep up the good fight dear friend.

Frank,

Eat whatever you can eat - even if it IS beer and chocolate.

Sorry you're having a rough time of it...........hang in there and keep trudging along - you know it will probably get worse before it gets better - but that's okay as long as it does its' job!

Hopin' and wishin' and prayin'...........

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Frank, Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Glad to see you still have that "sense of humor" tho.

Been having headaches and dizzy spells so I'm having a CT of the head next monday to make sure there is no mets to brain.

I had these darn symptoms a while back and my MRI came back clear. Keep your chin up and your spirits high. Will be looking for your results of brain scan.

Do you think that perhaps we could save you some money if we told the doctor that you are empty headed (including no brains)? :lol::lol::lol:

Frank,

In a fair world you would be hosting a comedy talk show and advertising bud lite and chocolate donuts. Hey, the world isn't fair but it is the best place I know of yet. We need you to hang around and keep us all laughing with those wonderful jokes of yours. As for the brain scan I hope it shows that head of yours is empty (or full of jokes just busting to get out) and that NO PEAS are there.

I hate to hear that this go-round of chemo and radiation are tougher than the last. You are a very strong, wonderful man Frank. If any of us can make it you can...so put those dukes up and keep up the good fight.

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Nina

I wish I had just 'a piece' of your humor and attitude Frank. You brighten these pages with your thoughts and your energy....even when times are going rough in your own corner. I wish we could "HATE" this demon away. I hate cancer "FOR" us........."BESIDE" us........and "WITHIN" us....And that means hating it "HARD"...with every single breath I take. Good luck.

Hey Frank...my second go-round with chemo started out tougher too. But after the second cycle, it's gotten a bit easier. Appetite is better and nausea is virtually gone. So hang in there...as your body will adjust and/or the docs can adjust your premeds, perhaps, and help you out.

Now...your mission is to avoid being folded, spindled and/or mutilated...as it's quite enough that you're being jabbed, zapped and potholed! :wink:

I'm glad to see your humor intact too....don't let go of it, eh? Some days....it's the best weapon we've got!

Pass me a Bud Lite, will ya? Hey...has anyone here ever had an Oly Gold? Only 70 calories. Used to be my lite beer of choice but that was when I lived out west.