2 Down and ONLY 1 to go

ginnyd

Dear Friends,

I haven't posted for awhile because I had no news - good or bad. Ain't boring grand.

I just emailed President Bush.

Earl has his last chemo tomorrow morning. He is so ready. He is sick and tired of being sick and tired. We have discussed that he will feel crappy again for awhile but once he starts to feel better again it should just continue.

After the chemo tomorrow, we don't go back to Fox Chase until the middle of October. That is the longest by far between doctor appointments since this whole thing started 9/21/02. It has been a long 10 months and in some ways a very short 10 months.

Our life is returned to somewhat normal. I got a part time job around the end of Feb and Earl is fine while I am at work (In some ways glad to get rid of me. How do you feel? Are you alright? - the nagging wife).

We have been going out to dinner, visiting family and friends and Earl has begun to do some work and some puttering (his favorite hobby).

There has been way too much sad news on this site recently. I pray daily for the families of those that have passed away and I pray extra hard daily for those of us that are continuing the battle.

By the way, Earl's hair fell out from the brain rad and it took a long time to come back. Well it is mostly back and it came back really wavy. Also it seems to grow very slowly.

I just want him to get his energy back. Also, while his dizziness has seemed to be decreasing, his balance is really bad. He shuffles like a little old man. We were in a store recently and he was pushing the cart - wow - I could bearly keep up with him. When I suggested a can, I got a big fat NO. - Men and their vanity.

I care deeply for you all.

Hi Ginney, so glad to hear you and Earl are doing well. :):) I was also told to have a nice summer by my doc. , don't see him until late Sept. I thank God much more these days, and yes there has been much sadness on the site lately. Like you I have been doing alot of praying, it can get overwelming at times, but it's so nice to know we are not alone in this struggle.

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Ginny, thanks for sharing the update on Earl and yourself. It continues to give me hope. I am happy to hear that all is going well and that Earl with have a bit of a reprieve from all the doctor visits. Enjoy the summer. I will keep you in my prayers for continued good news. All my best.

Dear Ginny and Duke!

So glad to hear this is Earl's last chemo party!! YIPPIE!!! CELEBRATE!!!

I have NO DOUBT he is Sick and tired of being SICK AND TIRED!! :(

But, now hopefully, it will be onward and upward and back to some normality in both of your lives!!!

Enjoy the time away from the Doctor's. I'm sure Earl will!!!

I will continue to keep you both and all the members in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for sharing and keeping us all posted.

We love you two!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

I agree - boring is wonderful! I love it. Hugh's hair is finally returning, its too short yet to see if it will be curly, but it is totally white. He never had even one gray hair. Oh well, who cares? Not him, not me. We are just grateful he is feeling good on any given day.

Anyway, great news Ginny! I hope to hear a lot more!

GINNY,

MY HUSBAND BUDDY SAID THE SAME WHEN I MENTIONED A CANE A FEW MONTHS BACK. NOW HE IS GLAD TO BE USING ONE. IT HAS KEPT HIM FROM FALLING MANY TIMES. TELL EARL, HE USES THE CANE WHEN HE IS OUT DOING HIS DAILY WALKS WHICH NOW HAVE HIM UP TO AT LEAST 1/2 MILE. HE COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT HIS CANE. NOW HE IS WALKING SOMETIMES JUST HOLDING THE CANE IN THE AIR. IT ALL LOOKS GREAT TO ME. TELL EARL DON'T KNOCK IT TILL HE TRIES IT.....