Follow up to Peter Jennings

gail

Sent this to Larry King

Thank you for taking the time to put lung cancer on your show. I am a lung cancer survivor of 4 years, and was pleased to see lung cancer so openly discussed.

We at www.lchelp.com are over 2000 members strong, and we can present to you the faces of lung cancer. We have survivors like myself, people currently in treatment, and caregivers. Many of our lung cancer survivors never smoked. The world needs to know about our disease.

Please keep putting faces on lung cancer.

gail clark

Thank you Gail for writing to Larry King about our community. Just as an aside, Gerald McRaney is a LC survivor and was on one show last night. He was talking about his struggles with this illness and how well he did what he did so he guesses he deserves it. Made me very sad/mad. We need to go a long long way towards educating the outside world and the cancer victims themselves that NOBODY DESERVES CANCER, REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY GOT IT.

Joanie

I saw that interview last night with Gerald Mc ????, and yes, I heard him say that. What came to my mind is that he's not even a year out, and his emotions must be jumping all over the place.

I am trying to figure out how to email these stars--like the woman from Law and Order--

And I'm waiting for Larry King to call :wink:

gail

Again, I (of course) missed Larry King, but wish I would have seen Gerald McG on there. I saw an interview recently with his wife Delta Burke and she sort of annoyed me when they asked her about him because she said "oh....he was sooooo fortunate that they caught it early and he didn't even need any treatment other than surgery, they were able to cure him with just surgery". I just felt that it send the wrong message, like lung cancer was a walk in the park or something.

In any event, I wish I would have seen him myself last night, but it sounds like he has sort of the same attitude. Which is GREAT, to be positive and live life like you have beaten it, but it's only been a year and does seem a bit soon to be (almost) cocky about it.

hEY THERE

How you been?

Follow up on Delta---my husband still insists I am fine and will be fine. He has to have his head at that place.

Me, I keep my ativan in reserve. I took my first one in a real long time the night of Peter Jennings news. I knew without it I would be wide awake.

gail