CT Scan on Monday

Justakid

Scared about the CT Scan this coming Monday! It will tell us if the Alimta is working or not, if it's not......don't know what we are going to do! That's the last chemo treatment available.

Worried, wheezing has not gotten better since dx. Trying not to get hysterical. Hate playing this game. Asking for extra prayers!

Oh, I know how those days/weekends before big tests are - frightening, sometimes to the point you are just about paralyzed with worry. Make cookies -- lots of them. Send some to me! :wink: Go for walks. Whatever.

Try not to associate the wheezing with improvement, ok? I don't know about your specific circumstances with this, but I made that mistake, and thought that as long as I was wheezy, I was in trouble. Not so. The Pulmonologist and Rad. Onc. told me that's part of healing -- your lungs have to clear themselves. When the crud meets with the air, you wheeze. It can be a bad thing, but it can also be a sign that your lungs are working to heal themselves -- they have to clear out the gunk some way, and having you wheeze and cough is one way to help do that. I don't wheeze much now, but when the weather gets damp or if I overdo, I will notice it a little. I try and clear it the best I can, then breathe deeply now and then -- it seems to help me.

You're in my thoughts, as always. Hoping you sail right through this scan with great news coming out the other side.

Di

Lots of prayers and support, Beth!

It is hard.......so hard.........so unfair.........so stinky ........so unnatural......to live from test to test, but as we are learning from JimBen and Dad'stimeon and Cindi (who truly inspires us).......it is our new normal. Brian and I are learning from you guys how to manage it and we offer you back all we have taken from you and from all the rest............Like a big hug............like a big circle of protection from fear and bad news..........Just get in the middle of it and know that we all care and are praying and trying to help by sharing some of the worry and stress.

Love

Brat

Beth,

Sorry to read your wheezing is still there. I agree with

Karen, Maybe it's a fungus or virus. Have the doc ck it

out. Lot's of prayers for a clean scan on Monday. Hang in there.

Your a tough cookie, NEVER give it up....

God Bless, prayers and gentle hugs,

Karen

My best thoughts and prayers go out to you. You've been thru so much. You are so brave. I know it's hard not to, but please try to fill up your waiting time with things you enjoy doing - don't wast time worrying. (Sometimes I wish I'd take that advice myself :roll: but worrying seems to be a built in characteristic of mine; but I do try not to.) ((())). Have a happy weekend and keep postin'

Joanie

I feel your ill anxiety and wish I could take it away for you. Will the Xannex help? Ben & Jerry's always works for me too.

Facials work for me. It is absolutley impossible to keep the stress in when someone is constantly massaging your face.

Thinking of you

gail

Hi Beth

I have been following your progress just not posting so much. You are always in my prayers and tonight I will say extra ones for you. It is your time for some good news. Hang in there, I know its getting hard on you, but this is going to be your miracle drug I just know it.

Love,

Kim

Scared about the CT Scan this coming Monday! It will tell us if the Alimta is working or not, if it's not......don't know what we are going to do! That's the last chemo treatment available.

I wish you all the luck in the world on your scan. There are an awful lot of good wishes going your way.

Regards,

mike_s

There was some screw up today, my CT Scan has been rescheduled for Wednesday. Go figure.

No sleep last night, so sick this morning from no food or water since midnight, pain this morning.

Anyway, Mom and I went out to breakfast, took all my pills and here I sit waiting till Wednesday. Don't know how everyone deals with these tests without killing themselves! it's horrible!

See the Pulmonary Doc today, maybe he has a miracle.

I'll keep you posted