Lucie and Don

Don Wood

Well, we got back from our week in the Virgin Islands and the rounds started again. Lucie has been hving increased pain in her right leg, where one of the original bone mets were. An x-ray revealed the darn thing had come back, so she started radiation treatments Thursday. We were surprised they would radiate an area they had already done, but they are spreading the dosage out to 20 treatments. We anticipate she will start feeling the relief toward the end of this coming week. She had to use a walker at present.

Well, as if that wasn't enough -- I started having intermittent pain in my left arm. This signaled to me a heart problem (from my experience 7 1/2 years ago with heart attack and bypass surgery). I did not tell Lucie until we got back from the trip, and then went immediately to the cardiologist. He put me in the hospital for a battery of tests, none of which showed anything, except my arm started hurting during the stress EKG. An angiogram was done to find one blockage in a cardiac artery that was the culprit. It was unblocked and a stent put in. The good news is that this was a new blockage and not in any of the 4 bypasses put in originally. So they are working just fine after 7 1/2 years.

I can't drive for a week and Lucie can't drive with increased medication, so we are housebound for now. We have good neighbors and friends who are taking care of us with errands and meals. And so it goes. One more -- no, two more -- bumps in the road. Don

Geez! I had noticed not too many posts from you recently. No wonder!!!! Glad you recognized your symptoms of heart trouble and it was "fixed" before it became serious. Poor Lucie! I hope she gets relief very quickly. Looking forward to hearing that the two of you are out of the house soon --- and feeling lots better too.

Gail p-m

Darnit Don, didn't want to hear this news. But glad they caught your little problem early. I have a couple of friends with those amazing stents, they really do seem to do the job.

Tell Lucie that she continues to be our miracle lady and this bump in the road should be quickly fixed.

Glad you got to go on your vacation, but sorry about

the problems. It sounds like they're turning around.

Hang tough guys we need you here. Take care

Mare

Don and Lucie.. both of you, please get well soon. I am glad you have people around who will help you around. Please call them whenever you need them. I am sure that they would be honored to help. And, Don, you bad, bad boy for keeping mum on your arm pain. Don't be doing that again, okay?

love,Cindi o'h

Hi Lucie & Don,

You are two of my favorite people and you both better get well soon. Don I am so glad they caught your problem before it got worse. And Lucie I pray your leg is feeling better by the end of the week. After all they can't keep a good person down!! :D

Looks like you guys are stuck to read posts all week since you can't get out. :wink:

Wish I could help in some way. Sending prayers is all I can do.

Please take care of each other. You are very special to all of us.

Maryanne

Welcome back, you two! Glad you had some good R&R time away from things, but sorry to hear of your setbacks. I know of no one other than the two of you who can slap them back and go on with life in such an upbeat manner.

Best wishes for speedy recovery to the both of you.

Di

Don and Lucie,

Sounds like you got thrown back into reality with a bang when you got back from your trip. Don, you take care of yourself, Lucie and all of us need you! So sorry about Lucie's leg, praying the radiation gives her some relief. Glad to hear you have wonderful friends and neighbors to help out. You never know where your next "angel" will show up! Get plenty of rest!

TAnn