Wish me luck... CT scan on Tuesday....

mike_s

I am not sure why, but I seem to have more anxiety this go round, than previously. This disease makes darned sure that you really dont take much for granted.

I am just finishing up with a horrible cold, that taught me very well what the term "compromised immune system" means. I couldn't hardly breathe for most of four days, for wheezing, and congestion; it's little better now, but not much. Even though my primary care doctor is pretty sure that it is not a sign of a recurrance, its kind of hard not to think the worst.

I just looked and I realized that my last time here was in January. I hope noone minds me stopping by every few months to say "Hi" before and after tests.

Since I was diagnosed, it just seems as though I have so much to do, that the only time I really think about nslc is immediately prior to a test. I have been so extremely fortunate, that it makes me feel selfish for not being here more, to help support others.

Best wishes to all,

mike_s

Mike

All the best for your upcoming tests.

Don't ever feel bad about not visiting more often. If you have periods where you are able to forget about cancer and get on with your life, then go for it!!! I'm pretty sure no-one would begrudge you that!

Karen

yep, Mike, very glad to wish you best of luck on your upcoming scan. We all know the pre-scan jitters. I am just wondering if they will ever really go away. Very glad that you are living your life "as if" ....way to go!

Please let us hear the good news as soon as you can. Always good to see you here.

Cindi o'h

And I will share the results with you as soon as I get them.

My appt. with my Onc is not until Thursday, which is a little nerve-racking, but my primary care doctor and I have worked out a way to get the results faster. All of the computers and patient files at my hospital are networked. The Radiologist posts his results within a couple of hours of the test, and my primary care doctor gets the file as soon as it is posted, and calls me. I try to look suprised when I go in to see the Onc. :wink:

Thanks for saying "Hi" Kaffie. Nice to talk to someone from the great PNW, although as always, wish we didnt meet here.

Good tests to all...

mike_s

My primary care doc called; she got the radiologists report and my scans off of the Providence Network, and my CT scan is totally clear. No change since the last one that my onc described as "As good or better than I ever expected."

Whew.

I hope everyone else getting scanned has similar luck,

Regards,

mike_s

I will try to be around a little more than previously.. I have seen some very good advice, and a lot of real concern and caring since I joined.

I found this site by doing a web search, after finding that the only LC support group near me is about a 40 minute drive away, and is quite small. Didn't want to do the drive while I was on chemo... too tired.

I hope noone minds but I took the liberty of giving the URL to this site to the Social Services Coordinator for Providence Hospital in Portland, OR. He is the one who directed me to the other group, and seemed to really appreciate an alternative for people for whom a "drive-to" group was not an option.

Best Regards,

mike_s