Chest pain

SBeth

Bill has had increasingly worse pain in the area surrounding his lung surgery incision, both in front and back. He describes it as a terrible bruised feeling. This has been an issue since early February, but has gotten much more severe in the past 4-5 days. He did have a bone scan in early February, which showed nothing. He has been on an antibiotic for the past several weeks for a more persistent cough as well. He finally confided in me over the weekend that he was concerned that it could be a bone met. Is it possible for a bone met to grow this quickly and be causing such severe pain so soon? Any advice? He goes in for his weekly chemo and dr. appointment Tuesday morning and will let them know how much worse his pain is, but any suggestions as to what this could be or anyone else have similar experience with this type of pain?

I am at a loss as well. I would give the doc a call in the morning and let them know what is going on. It is always better to call and talk to them than worry.....sometimes the worrying is worse than the problem.

Hopefully it is just nerve pain from the surgery,

Wendy

My mom also has pain in the front and back not directly over the incision but over a little and she has a little pain above her hip bone. She aske d the doctot on her last appt. and he said it was referred pain from the incision site and that right above the hip is referred pain from her chest tubes. Good luck and prayers being said

I'm not sure if this will help you....but I've spent the past month on one of the newer "Super Antibiotics" by the name of Levaquin...and I presently have some of the worst body pain I've ever had. I can't say my lung infection treatment is the true cause...but I'm actively pursuing answers. Since I also suffer from fibromyalgia...there may not be a clearcut dx. If you don't mind...I'd like to hear a little about which direction your husband's case goes. Maybe we can help each other. Email me anytime....Good luck to you both.

Mayos...Thanks for that input regarding the new and highly touted Levaquin. That is the same antibiotic that Bill began taking just one week ago and the pain began to worsen about 4-5 days ago. This makes me wonder if it could be a side effect of the drug. I'll keep you posted and let you know what we find out.

Thanks to everyone else for the prayers and well-wishes, we know they are helping.

Hi Beth,

I too was given Levaquin and had an extreme side effect. PAIN!!!!!!(In legs)I was told by my PCP to take two liquid Advil every 4 hours and to quit taking the antibiotic. I questioned what the label said, do not exceed. My PCP told me to keep taking til the pain went away. I am not saying to take Advil, please consult with your doctor. each situation is different. I could take the IV in the hospital Levaquin, but in pill form there is an additive that I was allergic. Just a suggestion...

Please keep us posted.

God Bless & lots of prayers,

Karen

You may want to check on fluid build up aroung the heart. My wife was having chest pains and went to the Emargency room. she was admitted and had surgery the 3 of April and had almost 850 Ml of fluid removed from around the heart, They found cancer cells but no sign of tumors. The Build up of fluid waaas a result of the chemotherapy back in 2004. Found o lot of indication of scarring tissue. I hope this helps someone because it sure scared us. It was the beginning of a heart attack basically.

Good luck and always praying for eveyone

I hope that the pain is resolving now, hopefully you have spoken with your doctor.

I have found that radiated areas tighten up over time ( muscle mass) and that can cause not only restriction of movement but also pain. My PT told me, radiation is the gift that keeps on giving... and giving... and giving. She was right.

Prayers,

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Unfortunately, no. What it does affects the preexisting tissue, and I think a tumor would be new growth.

That's why they kept telling me in PT I had to keep doing these exercises forever.

I should have listened better, because things are tightening up now and a wee bit uncomfortable at time.

XOXOX

MaryAnn