Grieving is a real TRIP!

kimblanchard

Hello friends,

The weeks have past by and here it is...28 days since Mike left me and this world.

I've been traveling. The first weekend I went camping with our friends that we always would go with....It was hard...periodically, but I still managed to have a good time.

Then I flew to Michigan - visiting friends, RLF and cyber friends....When I get back home I'm going to Colorado for our church's youth group convention.

I'm trying to pack as many "first's without Mike" into as short of time as possible. I'm determined to go through this grieving process and come out the other side as triumphant as Mike fought and died!

I can hear Mike saying "Don't cry Sweetie" and that comforts me...it doesn't relieve the pain...but it does comfort.

When I hurt, I hurt bad...so I cry and I weep and I wail. Then I laugh...or I talk...or I do something. The bad times still hurt, but the "okay" times are coming more frequent.

Mike taught me a lot about dying with dignity and grace...but he taught me more about living. He taught me to accept that which we cannot change, to have the courage to change the things we can and have the wisdom to know the difference.

I know there are things I can do to "help" myself through this process....but I also know I cannot CHANGE the process. I have to go through it.

So - day by day, I plug along. Taking each moment and THANKING GOD Mike was in my life in the first place. Thanking God that I had 35 years to know this man. Thanking God that our children were raised, that he lived to see his grandchildren, etc. It's harder to grieve when you are just so doggone grateful for having him in the first place.

Love and hugs,

Hi Shannon,

I was glad to see your post and I hope you continue to post to let us know how your doing. I think about you often and always open up the message boards hoping there is a posting from you. You are such a brave and inspirational woman. I am so happy to hear that you are able to keep busy and work through the pain. I agree with you in that you have to go through the pain (and not around it) to get to the other side of it. As Hugh and I struggle through this you and Mike are often in my thoughts.

i WAS SO GLAD TO READ YOUR POST TONIGHT. I HOPE THAT SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO ARE SUFFERING SO BAD RIGHT NOW TAKE HEED AND SEE THAT LIFE MUST GO ON AND WILL GO ON IF WE LET IT AFTER OUR LOVED ONES GO. NO MORE THOUGHTS OF I CAN'T DO IT. THINK ONLY THAT I CAN DO IT LIKE MRS. MIKE IS DOING. I SAY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. HOPEFULLY YOUR POST WILL HELP OTHERS TONIGHT....THANK YOU.....

Shannon, I can't tell you how your faith has restored my own. My faith tends to be a bit shakey at times, I guess this is normal, but since reading your posts-since the orig. message board, I have been able to put some real perspecitve on things. My dad has had so much faith in all of this, no bitterness toward God, no feeling betrayed or forgotten by Him. And between your posts and my dads feelings, I realize that too many times people sit around saying "why me" and being angry at God when something like Cancer rears its ugly head, but they fail to see that God has given them so much that is GOOD. And that is so sad. It is sad for the person who is bitter, and it is sad for God to not be appreciated for having given so many wonderful things.

Thank you for the perspective, Shannon. And may God bless you again and again. Your sharing your experiences with Your Mike have brought so much comfort and strength to so many people. Thank you for that. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. The road may be difficult, but it is so worth traveling! Take care, Shannon, and thank you, Deb

Shannon,

You are an amazing woman and your posts always give me inspiration. I think your grace and strength are admirable. I can learn something from you. What an amazing love you and Mike shared and I know he is watching over you and comforting you during the difficult times. I wish you peace and continued blessings.

I have been inviting friends none stop since Richard left me. Followed by wild car trips to places we have been to together.Until I realized that I was in search of him.

Now I have traveled to the UK to show my husbands mother the last photos we had made of each other.

It seems quite obvious that we all deal with this differently ....but it all helps to tie the rope from one day to the next.

The best times are the busy ones I give you that ! When I have worked hard I had my brains in suspension ...but coming down to earth always thumps loudly.

Keep on with your potions....

Regards

Dear Shannon,

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers each and every day. Your strength is God's gift to you and with that God allows you to share that strength with all of us. I hope we are also able to give back to you what you have given to so many of us. ((((((((SHANNON)))))))))

Warm and Gentle Hugs,