All the Test Results for Dave

Addie - Dave and I were talking - it would be hard to compare your dosage of topotecan to his - it's given by your weight, and he's a BIG GUY. PM me if you want to know how big! So it would be hard to compare. But we remembered the onco doc saying he gets ALOT, and alot of that is due to his size.

Saw the radiation onco doc today, just for a double check on everything, he thinks there's still something in the liver but didn't have the last scan to compare it to, so says we should defer to the hospital radiologist who says NED. Radiation doc sees it on the film, but says could be some sort of scarring or fatty tissue that is "faking" him out. so we'll stick with the status quo!

Karen

A "WIN" is always good but it must feel particuliarly terrific after all of your struggles. The both of you are such fighters.

Dave,

At one point, I had to get two pints of blood due to low blood counts. The next day, I felt great and was full of energy. It was better than a day on decadron ( no side effects).

Tomorrow is suppose to be a beautiful spring day. I hope that the three of you get to enjoy it.

Maureen

Addie:

OK, let's see if I got this dosing right:

Dave has been getting 11 mg of topotecan. They are reducing it to 10 mg today. He went in for labs and chemo, his hemaglobin is holding steady at 10.5, his platelets were a whopping 86,000, up from 36,000 last week! But he annoucned that he no longer wanted the "Addie plan" for chemo, he wants it all in one day. He swears that it makes him feel worse, for longer, getting it over five days. So, after much discussion with the NP and with her going back and forth to the onco doc, they agreed to let him have it all today, and "waived" their requirement that the platelets be 100,000 for the one day treatment.

anyway, she said that when it's given over the five days, it's given 1 mg per cubic liter, give in one day 3.5 or 4 mg per cubic liter. Not sure if she said cubic liter or volume or what. does that make sense?

Karen

anyway, she said that when it's given over the five days, it's given 1 mg per cubic liter, give in one day 3.5 or 4 mg per cubic liter. Not sure if she said cubic liter or volume or what. does that make sense?

Sorry I'm tardy here, Karen...just found your replies here.

As to the above....NO...that doesn't make sense to me about the cubic liter stuff...??? :?

Were you saying that Dave was getting 11 mgs DAILY? Yowza...that would be a whopper of an infusion. Even reducing it to 10 mgs...given in one day, would be 50 mgs. That just doesn't sound right to me. Sounds like WAY too much even if David is a big guy.

I keep finding info on dosage as 1.5 mg/m2. Now I'm not sure if that means 2X 1.5 mgs which would be 3.0 mgs which is what I get daily times 4 days...for a total of 12 mgs. each cycle!

I'll do a little *investigating* next week...and get back to you~!!

I think the second thing you said is correct. In other words, today Dave got 10 mgs of topotecan. and that's it for the week. He was getting 11 mg spread out over five days. I think the mililiter thing refered to the flow rate or something? I'm not sure, I asked the NP what that meant and she just sorta mumbled something. but bottom line is I think he got 10 mg of topotecan today.

Karen