Radiation Recall....

Fay A.

I've been very grumpy today because I've felt unwell. I received such good news, but I feel tired and my insides are just burning. Couldn't figure out why I feel like I do...then it hit me. Radiation Recall. Duh....

This, too, shall pass.... To anyone I may have been short with or rude to over the past few days I apologize. :oops:

I've been very grumpy today because I've felt unwell. I received such good news, but I feel tired and my insides are just burning. Couldn't figure out why I feel like I do...then it hit me. Radiation Recall. Duh....

This, too, shall pass.... To anyone I may have been short with or rude to over the past few days I apologize. :oops:

I have recently discovered this myself. I noticed that since my wife has been on Tarceva that her radiation window over her L-spine has been particularly noticeable. Actually, just as noticeable, if not moreso, than with the Gemzar.

As Kim asked ,What is Rad Recall? I have had those grunpy times that were so unfair to my husband but didn't know there was a name for it other than Bi...!

I have learned so much here.

We leave in the morning on our boat until Sunday to raft up and visit with some of our boating friends. Supposed to be fairly nice this weekend. Gingers crossed! Best wishes to all of you. Prayers being said for 1 & all.

Rachel

radiation recall is where the physical symptoms of radiation treatments (burning sensation, irritated or slightly burnt tissue) recur weeks or months after radiation treatments end. If this is going to occur it usually does so during or after chemo or other radiologic studies are being done.

Nasty, sneaky little side effect of radiation, but far preferable to active malignant tumors. I'm just irritated with myself that I didn't remember it earlier....like when it started on Monday after the CT-PET scan. :roll: