My mother's hospice care

tess

Hi,

I wrote a couple of weeks ago, telling of my 76 year old mom who has lung cancer. We don't even know if its small cell or large, but it really doesn't matter anyway. she is too weak for treatment. In fact she is so weak now that its only a matter of time before she passes away. She has her hospice care now, thank God for that! She also hasn't eaten in a few days, and won't even drink any water anymore. This tells me that it won't be long ... poor thing. All I can do is keep her pain free and comfortable now. The hospital bed in in the my front room. April 3rd was her 76th birthday, and most of her granddaughers and great grandkids came to see her for the last time.

It will be hard to lose her, but she needs to go now and be with my dad, sister and brothers, who are waiting for her on the "other side". I will feel another empty hole in my life, but I know I will see her again someday. She will be much happier in heaven.

Tess