Good news doesn't last long!

Justakid

My Pulmonary Doc has been cutting back my beta blocker and steriods. Woke up last night with a racing heart and wheezing. Get to go see him at 12:30 today.

I pray he doesn't put me in the hospital!

I am so ready to quit this whole thing! Everytime I get one step forward, I take two steps back!

Beth,

Hang in there. Sure sounds like it could be due to medicine change. It doesn't sound like a step back. No one can take those good results from you. :wink: Hope your pulmonologist comes up with a quick fix so you can bask in some good news for a change. Let us know what he says. Praying for a quick fix.

Sue

Beth, I sure wish you could get some relief from all of this. I am wondering if they are trying to stage you down from the steroids too fast. Not trying to practice medicine without a license, just basing my opinions on my personal experiences.

My son had to take large doses of steroids every day for about a year and a half (exercise induced urticaria and anaphalaxia.) It took a year to stage the dosage down and bring him off the drugs.

The good news is still there, Beth. You have some challenges ahead, but the good news is still there.

Beth - Hang tough kiddo. Sounds like the Doc went just a little too far on one of the meds he was adjusting. I'll bet a little adjustment the other way will smooth things out. Praying for good results with your appt this afternoon. Please let us know. We're pulling for ya.

CharlieD

LOST 4 POUNDS SINCE MONDAY! Skinny little smart a** Doctor told me I had 100 to to go, almost sat on him!

Go back in a month, staying on 20mg prednisone till then. He is weaning me off my beta blocker, he thinks between the two meds and the pollen/mold that's why I'm having so many problems. Also said I had Asthma, first I'd heard of it! He was gonna bump the steriod up a little and I begged him not too.

He said if my heart rate went to 150 to go to the emergency room, I said I would. He said it could be a month before my body would settle down from coming off the beta blocker.

I have a Peak Flow Meter I'm supposed to use to monitor my wheezing twice a day.

That's about it, supposed to take it easy this weekend.

Thanks for everyone's support!!!!! Couldn,t make it without you guys!

I'll say this: Life with you is never boring, Beth. Even cyberlife. :roll:

I'm glad you're home, I'm glad the pred. is reduced, I'm glad you've dropped four lbs. and I'm LMAO over the idea of you sitting on the doctor!! :D

But see...just when you thought things were taking a turn for the worse again....it all shook out okay...didn't it? Well...if not totally okay...better than you thought, eh?

As others have said....hang in there, enjoy the weekend, find reasons to smile and crack jokes...and BELIEVE in the power of positive thoughts.

Positive thoughts are working for me....I've had a great week. Now it's your turn....

Beth,

At least you are home for the weekend and not in the hospital. I believe I would have sat on him. First they give you drugs that make you gain weight, then they give you heck about the gain. A doctor of all people should know that.

Praying that you feel better fast.

Nina