A Turn for The Worst

betplace

My friends, I want to thank you all for the many messages of support and hope I have received from all of you over the last few months. It has really meant a lot.

Now for the bad news, I am entering the final stages of my journey. I woke up tuesday and couldn't walk. the tumor on my spine from last summer has come back. It is wrapped around my spinal cord and all roads at this point lead to paralysis and death. It is just a matter of time. The consensus was that I could continue chemo, but it would just make my life miserable with out any return. Surgery to remove the tumor was out as well, for various reaasons and radation is not an option because the area has recieved the maximum dosage already.

I spent the last 4 days in the hospital and have now been discharged home into Hospice care. I will be checking in as long as I can, and have let my sister know to let you folks know when it is over as well.

I am scared and can barely walk from couch to puter, but my thoughts and prayers are all for those of you struggling against this beast along side me.

Blessings all

Betty

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so, so sorry to read your post. I look at your sign off that says "Every dawn is a victory." Please remember that. We are all behind you 100 percent. I'm so sad for you. I will pray with all my heart that God will give you strength and courage. He has before, He will again. Love you ((())) Never give up hope.

Joanie

Beth i am in total shock as this is the last type of report i wanted to see you post. My wife's oldest sister is already wheel chair bound from her spinal tumor and like you she has made her peace..But Beth just remember you will be prayed for regurly as your life's adventure has been such a inspiration and how could any of us ever forget that smile on your face..GOD BLESS YOU BETH and were all praying for the miracle......

Hi Betty,

Please count on me as one person you have touched in our fight against this beast. You have been one courageous battler who has always been wonderful with encouraging everyone else. You are known for your happy dances when anyone has ever had good news to report. How could anyone of us ever forget that. No matter what happens, you will remain in my heart forever.

With all of the courage you can muster, lean on your Master, the author of life. True life. Turn your sorrows to Him and He will care for you with all of the Love that the most Loving Father has for his favorite daughter.

Love you so much, Bette.

Cindi o'h

Aw, Betts....what is there to say? Dammitall, anyway. :(

You've been an inspiration, honey...and you still are one to me. I'm so sorry it's come to this for you.

We are here for you...and I hope you'll be able to make it to the puter for a long time to come yet. I will be thinking of you....sending my best thoughts your way.

Dear Betty,

I'm fighting back the tears as best I can, but it isn't working well. I don't know what to say. At times like this there are just no appropriate words in our language. I can only express how I feel - sad, sorry, and well, just so sad.

You are an exceptional woman and have been there for all of us on this board, and I'm sure the same is true for those that love you. You have never complained and have always just been an inspiration to others. God loves that and your reward awaits you in heaven.

I love you!

Peggy

Oh Betty I am just so sad to read this. My heart just breaks for you. I would like to have the calling circle check on you periodically, would that be ok? And you have my number, will you call if there's anything you need, or just to talk?

Rochelle

Betty-

I think you are a courageous person to have been able to even write your post. I am devastated by your news and will continue saying prayers that you might be comforted and feel cherished. Words fail me, friend, but I care deeply/

Betty,

Brian and I have felt so much of your strength. You are forever in our hearts and a part of our battle. We love your spirit and will never forget the absolute first class person you are. There are a lot of ways to "do things", you have demonstrated the high road and we stand in awe. Praying and praying that your path is well lit and you know that Our Lord and all of your LCSC family members are holding your hand.

Sincerely,

Pat and Brian

Betty,

I know you don't know me , but I feel I know you. Your picture , your support , your love and your prayers have given comfort to many throughout this site. Betty, I just can't find the words to express what I feel. Your display of courage in writing this post is incredible. Through tears and a broken heart, I pray for strength and even more courage to help you through the coming days. May God be with you now and always.

Love,

Sue

Betty -

I am so saddened to hear your news and like Peggy and am having trouble fighting the tears. I have always look forward to seeing that big beautiful smile of yours and hearing your upbeat words. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days and count me as one of those who have been touched by your journey!

Much Love to you!!!!!!

Amy

Betty, the words are impossible to find. I just want you to be comfortable and with people you care about and who care about you during this time. All of us are "with" you as well.

You are a woman full of grace and spirit, and have touched my life in a positive way through this forum. God bless you in the rough days ahead.

Di

Betty, I'm hardly on the boards these days, but when I checked in this morning and saw this, I had to write. You've been such an inspiration to me (and obviously many, many others!) for so long, and here you go again. You've just got an incredible spirit, great honesty and such generosity to others.

I will pray for a miracle, and will also pray that you will not be afraid or in pain. I'm glad you are home, and wish I could come over and visit and we could just talk about all the things in your life that have made you happy - and all the people YOU have made so happy, and still do.

Much love,

BeckyCW

Betty,

Let's try this again. I just poured my heart out to you and then lost my message.

I am so saddened by your update. You were one of the first people here to greet me and help me. You have really made a difference in my life...for the better. Your courage and positive attitude have been so evident throughout your battle. I will never forget your happy dances and other positive support.

I am praying for a miracle for you...God can do anything if it be his will! If it is your time to go, then I pray for a speedy and pain-free conclusion on earth and a glorious welcome in Heaven. You have to promise you will keep an eye on all of us as we continue our journeys. Again, my heart is hurting for you so much. Your happy dances will be continued here in your memory. Take care and keep the faith. God Loves and Cares For You, Betty!

Bet's

I am not sure what to say. You and I both know that this road has been a hard one but we have met SOOOO many new friends along it. We have been friends on here for along time.

What you wrote had to be hard. I admire you for it. Some will never be able to say the words you put in print, it is just to hard. They slip off and we are left not knowing what happened.

YOU---are so special, our pm's back and forth are all saved in my mailbox and I looked back thru them this morning. :D:D:D You have this wonderful sense of humor and great compassion. Please call me when you are able. All my love and prayers are with you.

Keep your eye's on Him and He will lead you.

Love Cindy