Alimta infusion #4

Justakid

Had Alimta infusion #4 yesterday. My colon cancer buddy was there getting chemo at the same time so I was able to stay calmer then usual.

Guess after all the previous allergic reactions to chemo I still have anxiety attacks everytime. I'm able to control them and no one knows what's happening but me and my Mom the Xanax helps but I hate to take it before chemo cause it makes me dizzy and the attacks make me dizzy and chemo makes me dizzy. I'm just dizzy! :D

Anyway, infusion went fine. Talked to the doctor about the last CT Scan and he said that the nodes and nodules have shrunk "a lot". I need to get a copy of the report.

Saw a Cardiologist today, I still have the rapid heart beat problem (can't remember the technical term), he said it's caused by the cancer but I'm having a echocardiogram tomorrow to make sure everything is cool. Changing beta blocker meds, the one's I'm taking now may be causing some of my breathing problems that I'm having.

Not feeling good today, something is making my stomach feel full and have nausea. Could be chemo, could be prednisone....who knows.

Round 5 in three weeks!

Beth, I am glad the thing is shrinking but I am sorry you don't feel better. Frank, my husband, did not feel well last night but today is much better. I am trying to send positive vibes your way and hope tomorrow you will feel much improved. Carole

Beth,

Glad to hear you got #4 without incident. It was really great that it is working. That is the most important thing. After my 4th last week, I too had that always full feeling with tons of acid reflux and heartburn. Getting a little better now. Small snacks seems to be the answer. The steroids (dexamethasone) makes it tolerable. Stll have plenty of engrgy in bursts and then short naps. Got my Cat Scan scheduled for Monday at RPCI so I'll get the verdict right away. Hoping and praying it is working like yours did. Gotta have faith. Gotta beat this bugger. Hang tough kiddo. We're on a roll. Take care and God Bless.

CharlieD

Beth,

You are almost there kid. The news is sounding good. Shrunk "alot"! That is the best news to hear, right?? Sounds like you are tolerating pretty well, and even though you don't feel good right now, you will start feeling better soon. Don't forget that chemo is cumulative, so the more you have the longer it takes to feel better. Drink lots of water and like CharlieD take lots of naps. Give your body time to heal and fight!!!!!

TAnn

Haven't been "up here" to this forum for a while...but it's sure great to see THIS news from you, Beth!! Things shrinking "a lot" is great!!

What are you taking for the nausea and do you take anything at home on chemo days, aside from what they infuse? Is it Zofran? On my last day of chemo now (fourth day, each cycle) they give me Aloxi instead of Zofran. It lasts longer...and I'm tellin' ya...I'm full of energy for a week. Feel great....appetite's been good, NO nausea really, for the full two weeks between chemo cycles.

Ask about Aloxi...see what your onc says~! It's new...so I figure it probably costs 4-5 times what Zofran costs...but as long as the insurance will cover it...let me tell you, it's worth it!!

Glad you're hangin' in there, Toots, and more glad that things are going in the right direction! Keep it up.