Melanie surgery update

melaniem

This is Melanie's sister just wanting to let you know she had her brain surgery on Tuesday and is recovering at home. They removed a 3.5 cm tumor that the doctor described as "very scary looking" due to the thousands of blood vessels feeding the tumor. They inserted 3 "chemo discs" as an extra precautionary measure. She was discharged from the hospital today. She will start total brain radiation therapy in approximately 2 weeks. Her vision is worse right now, but as the swelling continues to decrease, her vision will improve slightly. She has lost her left vision permanently.

Thanks to all of you for the prayers and well wishes. She touches everyone's life that she comes in contact with. Please continue the prayers.

So glad to hear the surgery is all over with.

Please let her know that I am thinking of her and wishing her a speedy recovery, with minimal resutls.

Prayers going out to her.

Please get well soon Melanie!!

Maryanne

Thank you so much for updating us. I am a little surprised that she is home already, but now they seem to run us all through the hospital like cattle. The faster the better. I had never heard of "chemo discs" but am glad they were able to use them. I wish Melanie the best and will keep her in my prayers.

Nina