Maybe on Hospice very soon!

cathyr

Well, family and friends. It's just been suggested to me that hospice home might be a good alternative for me now. The disease is progressing rapidly. Many, many mets to brain and spine. Making decisions this week-end.

I love you all!!!

Hugs,

CathyR :(:(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathy,

Praying that you are guided to the right decisions by Our Lord's loving Hand and that you know clearly how much you are loved and respected.

Don't forget to breathe and don't forget how important you are to us.

Sending lots of love, lots of prayers, and all the support available.

We care and we are rooting for you!

Love

Pat and Brian

Cathy,

This news is so hard to read and I never know the right words to say. I don't know if there are right words. A Cancer diagnosis is so devastating, but all of us who have been touched with it either personally or because our family or friends have it , have had a chance to see life as others never will. Because of this support group, we are able to talk to one another about it. I'm so glad you came to us tonight Cathy. As for myself, I want to cry with you, I want to try to find a peaceful acceptance in this and find the strength to go on. A part of me really doesn't want to do this. I want to run away , I want to hit something, I want to cry... Damnit!!! I know that won't help you and it won't help me, but it hurts to see you posting this news. It hurt when Betty posted this week about her case. In the meantime, my husband is having an unexpected setback and we don't know the outcome. As you can see, I'm thinking out loud here and maybe I'm not making any sense, but Cathy , I have come to respect and admire you , as well as to really care what happens to you . I think at this point , we let go and let God. I'm starting to understand the true meaning of that. God be with you.

Love,

Sue

Cathy....

:( What is there to say? None of us want to hear "Hospice" or consider that it might be time for it....but then I think of those people who have no time to plan. Those situations where things are more sudden...and I think, That would be even worse.

You and Betty both have such grace and courage about where you are on this journey...and I wonder if I will have such courage when my time comes.

I will continue to hold you in my most positive thoughts...and hope that you continue to enjoy each and every day...and that you end up having many more of them than you might think. Keep us posted, please...and know we're here whenever you need us.

Again I find that no words are right. I wish in your case and Betty's and others that I'd been around here longer to know you better because I've seen such beautiful people in the time I have been here.

Your courage is just... beautiful. I'm so sorry this is the place that you find yourself at, but I pray that your journey from here on out is peaceful, beautiful, and full of moments to treasure up in your heart--and in the hearts of your loved ones.

Cathy: I have been following your posts since I joined in Nov 2003. I have always been struck by your courage and upbeatness. If you do hospice, I hope you continue to deal with your new situation with the same courage and grace you have shown in the past and I am sure you will. You have my prayers. God bless you.

Don M

Cathy

I am lost for words. Just want to say that I am very saddened by your post and I hate what this disease has done to so many.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know what decisions you make and let us help to support you in any way we can.

Gail p-m

Cathy, I am so sorry that I did not respond sooner. In got chocked up and I don't know how to comfort you. So I don't respond for awhile. Then I have to, at least to let you know I did not forget you.

So here Iam, a little late but sincere.

I think what amazes me the most, is when we hear this heartaching, unsuspectful news. I had no idea you were so sick.

The same with Betty and Melanie, I am so taken back by all the posts you guys have posted here and are still posting and are responding to other peoples delimmas along with the good news posting. You've cried, you celebrated with us. And been to celebrations at Cindi's bar. You all did this, unselfishly, as you were and are all going though your own nightmares.

I do know deep down inside that what helped you cope was the support and prayers you received from this support group. And this board has been your own lifesaver. A support lifeline that helped you cope and made you fight and gave you hope and even dreams. That is how I see our friends on this board. Actually, they are more like family then friends.

So Cathy, Please, please take care of yourself. I will pray extra hard for you to feel better.

I just feel so bad, it is hard for me to express something comforting to you as that is what I want for you, for all or you. To be comforted and made comfortable.

Maryanne

Hey Cathy! I remember when the Dr. mentioned the word hospice to my husband and me and we thought it was incredible.

But you know what Cathy? It's really just another step in the path of life and it can actually be

beneficial to you. I learned that hospice is here to give us the best quality of life possible. The hospice people even wish folks would choose to have them enter their lives sooner then most do - to give a longer good quality experience for the living.

I offered this up to someone here once before and it scared the heck out of them so I removed my message.

But I do believe it is a positive way for those who can do it.

So Cathy, keep your chin up! Like my husband told one of my daughters: "It aint over yet honey".

(((((((hugs Cathy))))))

Love, Cyndy

Cathy,

What can I say... I don't have a clue. It feels like the bottom is dropping out from under us. I think about you and your courage, I wonder if I could be half as courageous and I think not. The love you have shown and given us is immeasurable, the things you have taught us through your posts are forever with us. I am just so sorry. Please know you are forever in my prayers... Much Love to you, Sharon

Cathy,

I am so sad. I wish you courage to make these decisions and peace to accept your decision. Hospice can provide amazing support both physically and emotionally for you and your family.

Cathy, you have been a good friend to so many here, may we now return that friendship and love with our good thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Love,

Dear Cathy,

I am so very sorry things aren't going well. HOWEVER, I heard this story a while back and thought I would share it with you.

A lady was put on hospice about 6-1/2 years ago. Well, long story short, she lived for 6 years and during that time, she was on and off hospice time and time again. She also took a couple of trips during that 6 year time period. SOOOOOOOO!!!!

((((((((((((CATHYR)))))))))))))))

We've been friends now for some time. Call me in denial but, I'm going to think positive and hope you will follow in that lady's footsteps and that your going to be here for another 6 years.

Sending you hugs and prayers my friend.