Maybe on Hospice very soon!

cathyr

Dear Cathy and family,

I am so saddened by this terrible news and overwhelmed and moved by your reaction. I came to the site late this week so my response is also late, but you, Cathy, are again a model to all the rest of us. Know that we are all thinking of you and sending whatever prayers, vibes or feelings we can muster to you as you go on. Let us know how you're doing and how -- if at all -- we can help you.

Ellen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cathy,

Wow! This is some site... Thank you for forwarding your contact information to the family so we could be a part of the support system that you and these other lovely people provide to each other and the world. David and I read a lot of these emotional postings yesterday and were moved and inspired by the outpouring of love that is shared so generously... What a special place this is!

I've been thinking about those months that you and David and I lived together last year. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know you better, to call you "sister", and to love you LOTS!!! I always remember and am thankful for our long girl talks, laughing long and loud, and sharing the joys of family... You are wonderful. Thank you for loving me so honestly and openly (as I love you too). I wish you only the best throughout this next stage of your life. We are all here for you!

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday!!!

Lots of Love,

Stacy

P.S. someone spill the beans about the oysters and the stuffing! :wink:

do you mean that we are the ONLY family that has someone (ME) that can't stand oyster stuffing?

cathy is a fantastic cook. i used to do it for a living. the only time that cathy and i have seen each other in last 2 decades was the few times i have been able to come out for thanksgiving.

wow, what a group we would have!

we squeezed 2 tables in a place that was meant to fit only one. and even though i was 35 years old, i was still relegated to sitting at the kid's table. you know the one.. the folding card table that has 1 bent leg so everytime you take a bite or cut the your meat, the whole thing shakes? that's where they made me sit and IIRC, cathy sat there too because she WANTED to. this made it very hard for me to play prima-donna. lol

anyway, i was this educated "Professional" chef so i got stuck with much of the cooking duties. while i cooked, the only 2 people in the kitchen with me was aunt carolyn (cathy's mom) who followed us around and cleaned our mess, and cathy, who did all the cooking with me because even on her worst day, she could cook my "professional" *ss under the table.

having the 'chef' attitude like only little cousins could have, i REFUSED to cook the oyster stuffing because i think that anything in the water was not meant to go near a turkey in god's eyes. ESPECIALLY an oyster. therefore, cathy took care of oyster stuffing.

they say it is yummy. i would not know as i never tried it.

so, the oyster stuffing joke is really no more than an inside joke. however, for me it is memories.

because we were mostly alone in the kitchen, cathy and i talked deeply and apart from the monstrous family group that would descend on san diego. during these trips it was hard to get many personal conversations on the table. however, while the oyster stuffing was being cooked, it was just me and cathy for a short period.

remember cathy? we had some great talks and you may not know it, but you helped me in so many ways. you helped me understand unconditional love and acceptance. you talked to me during some dark periods and used your life's experience to help me understand my life's experiences at the time.

i'll never be able to re-pay you for this. but go ahead and get a plate of that fowl (pun intended) stuffing ready for me. when we meet again, i will willingly have my first bite of cathy r's famous oyster stuffing.

oye

i'm frightened and very, very scared.

jawdown.gif

(just use lots of garlic please)

love ya cath.. will be calling you soon!

suction.gif

I am honored, humbled, and totally in love with my family. They are my life lines and have definely kept me moored to this plane the last four years. Yes, July 2005 would be my fourth year of lung cancer diagnosis.

I suppose it's time to start looking up now. That's okay too!One thing we ALL know is we are terminal from the day we are born.

Truth 2 is we come into the world wearing diapers and we leave the world wearing diapers.

Anyway, family and friends, I can't thank you enough for all the support. My heart, soul, and dreams remain keen, and still able to reach out and give support to you too. Please allow me that!

Hugs to you all,

Cathy

Anyone wanting the oyster stuffing recipe just let me know

Cathyr.. what a hoot to see your family here! I knew you were everything that they say you are and more. Could tell from the get go. Just warms my heart to see how supportive and loving they are. You deserve the very best and it looks like you have it! Love you dearly.

cindi o'h