MED researcher identifies genes linked to lung cancer suscep

http://www.bu.edu/bridge/archive/2005/04-22/spira.html

MED researcher identifies genes linked to lung cancer susceptibility

It’s a startling statistic: some 170,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with lung cancer each year, and within five years of diagnosis, 85 percent of them are dead. That mortality rate hasn’t changed since the 1970s, in part because lung cancer is hard to diagnose early. “There is an epidemic of lung cancer in the United States,â€

Thanks. Again you give us an interesting read.

In the article it said "at Boston Medical Center" I was curious, being born , raised and educated in Boston. Did a search and found it, looked for directions to see where it was in the South End and low and behold! I graduated from nursing school at Boston City Hospital. It is Boston City Hospital, even the Dowling Building is still there. They must have renamed the place Boston Medical Center and it appears BU must be at least the primary teaching service. When I was there Harvard and Tufts had teaching services also. Thanks again for a walk in nostalgia also. Donna G