An Update On Frank // 04/26/05

Frank Lamb

rank, Good luck to you. I had a tumor on my windpipe as well. They were actually able to resect that part of the windpipe to get the tumor, maybe that's a possibility for you as well. The younger surgeon I had did not want to do it but his older, consulting partner was w/him during my surgery and encouraged him to. Worked out fine and endedd up getting all clear margins. Love to you.

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Thank you for taking the time to post. I worry about you every day. If you find a cyberknife center that has "sychrony"? that eliminates the breathing problem, that is why they can now use it on other tumors beside the brain. I will pray that whichever way you go is going to be successful.

Karen H

I am hoping you get some upbeat news Thursday. Get as much rest as you can so your unhappy body parts can get caught back up to the happy ones.

I have heard of good results from the "radiation seeds".

Frank you are most definitely in our thoughts in this house. Ry, aka Rocky, aka Rochelle and John are hoping for the best for you.

Frank,

I'm with you Frank. I hope the next hospital will have a more aggressive way of thinking and have many options to offer you. It seems there are other chemo's you haven't tried and Tarceva and Alimta, etc. Ask about ALL of your options, don't settle for anything less.

TAnn

Frank, I ditto everyone else who has commented on your optimistic tone of voice. truly wonderful!

I've done a little bit of research and asking questions of the neurosurgeon about the gamma knife, and yes, the reason they haven't used it much anywhere but the brain is because every other part of your body has some sort of natural movement to it, and it has to be used someplace that stays ASBSOLUTELY still, and the brain does. I like the idea of the seed thing much better. And Connie and Fay both know folks with good success with it.

hang in there, we love you!

Karen

• 2 months later...