My Turn for Bad News!

Mouse

Hi! I got my bad news on Friday; I had an MRI, because of some mild headaches I had been having. I did not think I had brain mets! When I got home, there was a message from my Onco to call him. I do have brain mets and started radiation on Monday. My Doc was quick to make the arrangements!

Monday's appointment took some time, because they had to make the settings on the machine. Today was fast; I was early and had to wait my turn and then, it took about 10 minutes! Didn't hurt; no burn, don't even have to get undressed. Jen, wear something warm; it's cold in there!Will answer the rest in your post! Love, Marge

Hoping this does the trick for you, Mouse...and that you'll soon be in the Empty Headed Club. I'm tracking a pesky little "something" in my head too...which appears to be getting smaller and "less intense". They think it's just scar tissue from the PCI. I sure hope so!

It's tough messing with a woman's brain...eh? We just get stuff where we want it, and know how to find it...and then something like THIS messes us all up. :roll:

Hang in there hon. The PCI wasn't too bad...and I'm hoping the WBR falls into the same category. There is stuff for the nausea if that gets to you...so just ask them.

Keep up posted, Marge..ok?

Marge I am praying for you to have a clear head soon. I will go for my checks May 4. I am nervous but will deal with the news whatever it is. We will take off on our boat tomorrow for the weekend to meet up with friends. It helps me to balance. Good luck to you. Rachel

• 2 weeks later...

Ten days down and four more days of WBR! No problems, yet. My scalp is a little sore, like sunburn. Decadron keeps me awake some nights. Dr. gave me some Ambien and I have used it. How do you stop this stuff? Give up sleeping?

Have had a 3rd opinion and This Onco has different idea about another chemo-#4! So, it is CAV vs. Gemsar. Any one knows anything, I am listening! You have all been a big help! So nice everyone understands! LOve, Marge

Hi Marge. Me 2!... just like Ginny. Prayers for some good sleep and the poor scalp and that someone will be by to help with the chemo question. Don't forget about our gnomes in the tree! (Ask the experts) they haven't got the personal experience, but they have the clinical and book smarts.

love, Cindi o'h

• 3 weeks later...

pls forgive me, but I am not very good at posting,etc. Also some terms I am not familiar with. Can you tell me what WBR stands for? I was interested in your post -- I too have SCLC w/mets to liver and bone. My chemo is through for now, and that worries me. I am glad to see that your situation is similar to mine. No, I don't me I'm glad, oh good grief, I am definitely not good at this. I mean it helps me to know that you are getting through so much. Thank you. And again, I am sorry.

Pam