Mom's Diagnosis

Jessica

I am new here. On March 16th,2005 my mother(69years) had a Left Pneumonectomy she was diagnosed with non NSCLC adenocarcinoma staged at IIB with 13 out of 17 lymph nodes involved (closest and on the side of the tumor). It measured 4cm x 4cm x 3cm. No other lymph node involvement. Surgeon said he removed entire tumor margins were free. After surgery she had a bone scan which showed something in her R hip. Ct scan of right hip showed some luceney with moth like appearance and small pathological fracture of right hip. Her first treatment of chemo was taxol and carboplatin(she had an anaphylactic reaction to the taxol after ten minutes so she just got the carbo. It's been five days since chemo still feeling sick some vomitting and nausea and fatigue. Tomorrow we are off to the radiation oncologist for possible radiation to the right hip.

Welcome Jabberpoo to the best site for support and information. You will find many caring people here to help you and your Mother on this journey.

I live right outside Phila. Wondering what hospital your Mother is using?

Keep us posted on your Mother's progress. Radiation works wonders for bone mets.