Surgery for Sandy....

SandyS

Hey Everybody -

Not so great news from my last scans - the adrenal thing has grown again, and they want to remove the entire andrenal gland. I meet with surgeon next Tuesday, but my onocolgist already told me its "significant surgery" and I'll be in the hospital for at least a week and recovering 4-6 weeks.

Great. No motorcycle this summer. And a hell of a lot to put on a new relationship too! *sigh*

Fay - didn't you have this surgery? Or anyone else? What can I really expect..........?

Hugs and prayers for all,

SandyS

Oh crap!!!

Sandy, we are sending tons of prayers and support.

I don't know a thing about that surgery, but am encouraged that you are a candidate for cutting out the bad stuff..............

Hang in there, girl, and know that we are on your side.

Love

Pat and Brian

Sandy,

No, it's still sitting atop my left kidney...my adrenal tumor stopped growing. It's been stable at 2.5cm for a couple of years now. They keep telling me that they think it's benign. Here is a site that explains Adrenalectomy. It sounds a bit scarey, Sandy, but with what you've already been through I supsect you'll view this experience as very "doable". I think the real issues re: recovery will be more along the line of hormone regulation. We are so very fortunate, Sandy, to be facing these issues today when there are treatments available to us.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/At ... ectomy.jsp

You hang in there.

Well shoot. doggonit and dang!

Know that I will be praying for a speedy recovery after your surgery....and that this will seal the deal between you and that special guy. I have a feeling that he will be a great caregiver during your convelescence.. just wait and see. Be sure to let him know what your needs are if he isn't in tune completely with them.

All the best to you Sandy.

cindi o'h

Hi Sandy,

If my memory serves me, I thought it was Ray A who had an adrenal gland removed. Don't know anything about it, but with a 4-6 week recovery time, don't rule out that motorcycle this summer yet! We have a lot of nice weather coming up. You'll be ridin'....good luck on your surgery and recovery.

Cindy

You're young :wink: ...those 4-6 wks will fly by and you'll be back on your bike before you know it! 8)

Sure wish you didn't have to go thru this...but better to get it out, eh? Glad your onc is staying on top of what is going on too...working with you and FOR you.

We'll be here to keep you company as you recuperate...so check in often. Sending all good thoughts and vibes your way for quick and full recovery and what the heck, I'll even toss in a vibe for DECENT hospital food....how's that? :roll:

Crap. double crap. no, make that triple crap.

But you know, you are young, and you are strong, and you are healthy, and you've beat this once, you'll have this surgery and recover and everything will be fine after a while. In fact, I bet you're on that bike before the summer is over!

And I didn't know you had a new man, good for you! Cancer is stressful for any relationship, but if you hooked up with him, he's got to be a good guy, I have confidence everything will be fine in that department, too.

Keep us posted on surgery dates, etc.

God Bless,

Karen

Sandy -- well BOO! But I do agree with the others -- you are one tough chickie and you will bounce right back onto that motorcycle in no time!

I too think it was Ray A that had adrenal surgery -- try searching some of his old post, he did very well with it from what I recall.

Please know that you are in my thoughts (as always) and I'll say an extra prayer that your recovery is quick and successful!

Heather

Dang it, Sandy, I'm really sorry to hear this. I was delighted to read just quickly the other day about you having a new beau, and he sounds great. I hope he'll be a good support as you go through this. Let us know the date of your surgery. I so sorry you have to go throug this!

BeckyCW

Bad adrenal thing, Bad adrenal thing, Bad adrenal thing. I am so sorry to hear this Sandy. I know what you mean about loosing the summer to this crappy stuff we go through. It is soooo pretty outside right now and here I sit in my worn out Lazy chair and my butt hurts sooo bad I can barely walk ( hip Pain )unless I am so high on pain pills that I can barely walk, Hang in there Sandy. You need to get yourself one of those bikes without wheels for your recovery time. Netflix is also great. Big prayers coming to you.

David C