double double vision vision

cindi o'h

Yes..

I had that while driving.. it came on suddenly as if my eyes became severely crossed and I could not uncross them. It was like the worst drunk of my twenties only worse..cuz I couldn't recover. Fortunately I was near an off ramp and was able to pull over. It lasted about 5-10 minutes. 'Course right away I started to think brain mets and got really really scared. Then, I thought about my cool and calm grandmother. And what can I do about it now?? Nothing. So. I waited and it passed. I will call the doctor and ask him what is the scoop with this. I just had a clean brain scan in Feb. I don't know what is going on. Anybody have any ideas?

Cindi o'h

Cindy,

That is to weird. This afternoon the same thing happened to me. Playing fetch with Ole & it felt like my eyes were just rolling around in their sockets.Mine only lasted less than a second (I think) I am also releived that I wasn't driving. I would have been in the ocean! Let me know what you find out. I'll look for web sites.

Rachel

Cindi,

Mine ya know did turn out to be brain mets but it wasn't particulartly 'double', just kind-of blurry and jumpy. Also, it was only my periphereal which now makes sense according to here it was located. It did come on pretty quick though, almost over-night but it didn't get better in a few minutes like you described. Horrible we have to live with these fears constantly. I'm sure you're fine but call the doc anyway.XOXOX

Yanno, my vision sucks overall. I'm 52 -- need new glasses! That was on the table when all this cancer stuff started, and the radiation oncologist said I should wait a few months after the PCI to get an eye exam, and now it's time - for sure!

After all the crapola I've gone through with the oncologist, I'm not even mentioning this. I'm just going to make an appointment and if the eye doc sees anything wrong, he can tell her. If I tell the oncologist first, she'll want to run me through a gazillion scans and tests before even addressing the initial problem. This is an oncologist who apparently doesn't think a cancer patient can have any other medical problem besides cancer. Nine hours to get a Rx for a bladder infection, a month to get my stopped up bile duct treated.

But, I digress. Ha! By all means find out what this is, but try not to talk yourself into the worst case scenario, ok? Leave that to the gloom and doom docs!

Di

Hi Cindi

Scary...always a good idea to get these things checked out. And take heart from the fact that my Mum was found to have several brain mets, and double-vision was NOT one of her symptoms.

I bet you have nothing to worry about....but will of course be sending lots of positive energy your way!!

Love Karen

Another thought: by any chance did you get a headache later that day??? Could it have been an optical migraine? I get those from time to time...not always with a real noticeable headache...but with an aura and visual issues. Can't focus. Not truly double vision...I don't think...but wanted to mention this.

Do hope you had an eye doc check you out. I feel like I need new glasses myself....but don't want to invest while still on chemo...as who knows how much THAT affects my vision too??

Report back to us, Cin...when you can. I hear chocolate is good for your eyes. Better than carrots. :wink:8)

Cindi,

Just another post urging you to get it looked at, but don't panic Batman, it could be something simple! I get the optical migraines like Addie, and every time I get one, it freaks me totally out. They are always different, the latest batch created a sort of double vision, and I could read like every other letter on a billboard for instance. I don't get the headache at all, just the eye stuff, and then dizziness because I'm having a damn anxiety attack by the time my eyesight returns to normal! The optical migraines are caused by stress I am told >!

Anyway, good luck, hang in there, and let us know when you get your answer...

Dear Cindi,

Hi sweetie. You could be a victim of plain old stress. With the sale of the house & all that is connected to that, heaven knows you have plenty of stress on your plate. Years ago I had a strange double vision episode that lasted several days - they admitted me into the hospital, ran every test known to man & sent me home with valium and & dx of stress. Please do have it checked but in the mean time try not to worry. That could make the situation worse.

Hugs & prayers,

Melanie

Yo Cind,

Wow that must have been scary. Thank G-d you were able to pull over.

So many different senarios here, You know what you have to do. Before you start driving all over the state to find a place to live, have it checked out.

I have a feeling you will not heed this because it is imperative for you to find a place to live. And I know that last thing you want at this time is more tests. If you are thinking you rather wait till you are settled (which I hope you don't) then be extremely careful driving.

Is there anybody who can do the driving for you right now?

Keep us posted and keep us posted of where you are going since you probably have to be out of your house by today.(I think that is what you said) As you said the end of the month.

Keep us posted and be VERY CAREFUL out there.

Maryanne

Thanks for all your help and support. Means alot to know that when I need help, I have a crew behind me.

I, too, have occular or visual migraines.. if I were to ever have dropped LSD, I am thinking that those are just like it. Only with the migraines, I don't see dead presidents on the wall like an acqaintance did in the 70's!

My steroid dose has changed and I had skipped a couple of days of all meds because I forgot them at home. That could be it. Couldn't be stress.... I am as calm as a cucumber! (HA!)

Called the triage nurse and she talked to the doc (never get to really talk to the doc) and the doc told her to tell me to wait and see since we just had a clean MRI in Feb. He wasn't shook up, so I will just wait and see.

Should get the eyes checked though. I think that I am due anyway.

Thank you all again.

Cindi o'h