what to do for skin irritation bc of tarceva

carls

Hi Carl,

Welcome!!! :)

I'm not on Tarceva, But a few have tried Udder Cream and you might want to try Cetaphil Cleanser and Cetaphil lotion. You can buy it at any drug store, Walmart, K-mart and etc.. If this doesn't work ask your onc. or PCP. Hope this helps..

Ask Mr. Ry,T-Ann or Justakid... They are all taking Tarceva.

God Bless and prayers,

Karen

I use to take Tarceva and I don;t know that any moisturizer is better then anything else. No matter what I tried I still had the dry skin and dry skin on my scalp. Just keep moisturizer on, apply as many times as possible!

Hang in there and hope it works for you!

Today I finished my 3rd. bottle of 30 tablets of Tarceva. I have used several moisturizers for both the Iressa and Tarceva rash/dry skin. The best so far for me is Curel Ultra healing lotion. Over time the rash and dry has gotten slightly better on both drugs.

John

When I first started Tarceva (in January) I had the really bad dry skin. I used Aveeno products including the body wash and it seemed to help a little. But like John, the dry skin is no longer a problem at all. The rash, well that's a different story.....

Hang in there. Hope the Tarveva does wonders for you.

TAnn

I use to take Tarceva and I don;t know that any moisturizer is better then anything else. No matter what I tried I still had the dry skin and dry skin on my scalp. Just keep moisturizer on, apply as many times as possible!

////////////////

I agree. In my wife's case, she controls her dry skin and scalp with dry skin cream. We usually buy Vaseline brand Intensive Care but other brands have worked equally well. She has a cluster of red, itchy bumps over her upper back. I mix in some Lidex cream with the dry skin cream for that particular area. We seldom medicate her face rash mainly because it spontaneously erupts then just as quickly clears up, sometimes intraday. Very strange. So, not much time or need for any tx. Occasionally, she'll blot a particularly bad area on her face with some hydrogen peroxide just to help expedite the drying.