Iressa Suppression Trial Stopped

Wendy

I knew it was coming, just wasn't sure of when they would do it. This week I got the call that the trial I participated in for 8 months on Iressa was stopped.

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. One hand I am glad it's over - the stomach/rash/dry skin side effects were miserable, on the other hand it scares the heck out of me. It felt better knowing that I MAY be doing something to keep the beast at bay. Heck there was no way to tell if it really did any good anyways so I won't sit and complain.

Cheers to finding a cure for all!!

Wendy

(((((((((((WENDY)))))))))))))

Oh Kiddo, I'm sorry your having to deal with this. I sure can understand where your coming from. I remember when my chemo and radiation stopped, I thought to myself, Now this crap is going to come back! WELL.......(IT DIDN'T)!!!!

God only knows?!?!?!?!?! Part of me is happy your off that trial anyway. Just my rollercoast thoughts. Well, lets just think POSITIVE! Lets go with the fact it's GONE! :D:D Yep, I like that! IT'S LONG GONE!!! ((((((WENDY)))))))

Hugs,

Con

Wendy,

I was exactly where you are two months after starting Iressa suppressive therapy - taken off the trial due to the side effects.

You'll get over the feelings, they will mellow out in time. No matter how icky I felt with the Iressa, I felt I was actively doing something to fight off the monster and then suddenly, I wasn't. That was almost two years ago. I don't know what the future holds, but it will be what it will be.

This, too, shall pass.

xxoo,

Becky