My 4th Chemo Session

Guest DaveG

Guest DaveG

I had my 4th Chemo Session today, July 15th. Everything went well until the completion of the Taxel infusion. My blood pressure suddenly dropped for no apparent reason. They held the Carboplatin for almost an hour while the infused normal saline, with the hopes that my blood pressure would go back up. It dropped to 100/45, then 15 minutes later it was 116/65. It finally got to 125/75 and the nurse started the carbo. A little scary for awhile.

2 More sessions to go and I hope it will be remission. I get a CT Scan next time. Other than tiring easily, I feel good otherwise. I am looking forward to the last session, and then I celebrate.

Some good news, I was approved for Social Security Disability, retroactive to Feb 2002, so I have a nice back pay check coming my way. For those who are having trouble, contact your Member of Congress. I did and within a week I had a decision. Amazing, isn't it. Also a little hounding doesn't hurt either.

Dave, so glad you are finsihed with 4 out of 6. Lucie had a drop in blood pressure in one of her earlier treatments, and they had to stop and put a slower drip in. It never happened again. I hope the next two are uneventful.

Good about the coverage. The squeaky wheel does get the oil. Blessings. Don

Hey Dave, congrats on completing chemo #4, glad you are almost finished and sooooo happy your getting some big bucks,

Sounds like a bit of a celebration is to be planned. I'll be praying real hard for good scan results for ya.

Be well and God bless

Bobmc - NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Thinking of you often and praying for you...I am not sure if I have told you this but when I first started researching about Lung Cancer back in April your story of survival was the first one I had read (cant remember the name of the website it was on) and then I found you here...its kinda strange but I feel connected to you in a deeper way...I wish you much success.

Dave,

Good luck with your last 2 treatments! I'm sure they will go fine.

Retroactive to February of 2002?? I'm with Tiny....you go and buy yourself something extravagant with part of that check!!! You certainly deserve it!!

Debi

Dave, good to hear from you. Everything sounds good, even the litte BP thing, they got it back up and you finished the day as planned!! Congratulations on the SS approval. You are corredct about contacting your congresspersons office, we had to get thier help with our adopted daughters SS# and Certificate of Citizenship, they were a tremendous help. Hang in there 2 more to go is no problem after the first 4. My prayers are with you buddy, keep up the good thoughts.

David C

Hi Dave - I was very happy to see your post. Glad your on the home stretch with chemo and sending extra prayers to hear your in remission at the end. The BP thing sounds scarey. Thankfully that never happened to Hugh but he did have a couple of times when it affected his breathing.

Thank heaven for SS disability. I just feel its one less thing for Hugh to have to worry about when he needs to be only thinking about getting better. We give him the "business" now about his early retirement and being a man of leisure.

Thinking about you and hoping to read some of your posts in the good news forum!

Hey Dave.

Scary about the BP drop. Good that you're feeling well after treatments. Great that you got the retro disability. (is there a new set of clubs in there somewhere?) Sounds like you're pretty busy with the prep for the golf tourney - you planning on playing I hope? Have a great day! Take care Dave my friend.

David