deleting all posts

kimblanchard

Hi Christina,

First, let me express my sorrow at your loss.

Then let me express my joy at your generousity.

In answer to your question, I don't believe you can donate perscription drugs, especially narcs. When me stepfather passed away, (Bone Cancer) we tried to give his drugs to an AIDS organization, but they were only allowed to take the supplies, and suppliments (Ensure etc) They were still very happy to get those items, they are spendy too!

I am sure federal law rules here, but I am not a lawyer.

Christina,

I am not sure about the donation part. When we lost mom we were told to call hospice asap and we did. They came and disposed of all of the narcs. (in the toilet with us watching) and then they asked if we had a use for the others. We didn't keep any of them so the nurse took some of them with her and she said that she could give them to someone who couldn't afford the meds? I'm not sure where they went. I would make some calls if you would like to give them to others. In the hospice program all of the meds mom took was paid completly by hospice. When mom was not being cared for by hospice they had to pay the co-pay. It seems like the elderly are always in need of meds.

Your heart is certainly in the right place. :)

Hugs, Shelly

Check with your Chris' Oncologist to see if they can accept unopened, still sealed medications. I think they may be able to accept those that have not been opened. If the drugs have been opened then they cannot accept them. It is truly unfortunate that we live in a world where a few dishonest, or psychotic individuals (drug abusers or ones who tamper with drugs with the intent to cause harm) make it impossible for us to donate medications to those who cannot afford to buy it. It just makes me so angry.

Fay A