Even more mets and I am very deprressed

jcawork

Now they have found mets to the brain, lungs, liver, spine and they suspect ovaries. Will have ovaries out next Friday. 6 days into WBR. Dismal prognosis by my Docs and I am so depressed I can hardly deal.

Chemo will start in 2 weeks w/ WBR is over, Topetecan. They wont do them together. I can't believe this is happening.

I havnt been posting because I just dont have the steam to pretend to be okay w/ I am not.

Jen

Oh Jen! I am so sorry you are going through all of this h*ll. You don't have to pretend with us. Let it all out if you need to. I really can't imagine what you are going through...I only have my husband's health as a reference point. There are others that know exactly what you are going through. All I can offer to you is my prayers. I continue to pray for you to have healing, comfort, and strength. Take care.

Jen, I am so sorry to hear this, but don't forget, miracles do happen. You don't need to pretend to be OK, of course, you are not OK for now. Can you take something for depression? Zoloft works for me. Just know that we all are praying for you. Take care and please call me if you want to talk.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B

Jen,

I am so sorry. I agree with Nancy, if you are not on an antidepressant or antianxiety drug, please consider it.

Don't give up hope. It is totally understandable how upsetting this is. That is why Katie and Rick started this site, so that you can vent and know that everyone here is praying for you.

It looks like Topo... is giving great results for other people. Don't count yourself out.

Jen I am so sorry. This is devastating, no question. We're here for you in whatever capacity you need, to vent, to be honest, just to listen, you pick. I know this is a big kick in the stomach and I so admire you for going on and fighting.

Rochelle

Jen,

I know there are other people on this board who have had these same mets and are still here and LIVING with stability of the disease. Dave Grant for one comes to mind. I think he is like 3 years into having mets to almost all the places you do. Maybe you could look up his profile and somehow get in touch with him or email him to find out what treatments he is using as well.

Aw crap Jen, this is the pits. Please, please don't give up. As long as you are waking up in the morning the cancer hasn't won........hang onto that, get the meds that you need to help you through the depression and fight for all you're worth.

Praying for strength and good tx results

Geri

Of course we wish they'd found NO mets, Jen...but there comes a point where "how many" isn't as important as whether or not you respond to treatment!

As I told you...TOPOTECAN WORKS! Believe in that, hon....hang on to that thought...and try to do whatever you can to get past the depression and onto a positive track. I know it's a lot easier said than done...and I told you....I was knocked sideways by my relapse....and that the cancer was in TWO major organs, at least!

But Topo is working for me...and I feel pretty good, but for being tired. Give the tx a chance to work...BELIEVE that it will work....IMAGE those cancer cells dying and being washed right out of your system.

We're here anytime you need to unload...but please don't succumb to the negatives....try to hang on to your positive will to beat this thing....ok? Remember...my pancreas was loaded. "Multiple masses". Now it's "normal" after three cycles of Topo.

BELIEVE, Jen. We'll help you.

Jen,

I know it doesn't help, but I am so sorry to hear all that you are going thru. I hope that whatever treatment you decide to have / or not have, brings you comfort and peace. I will keep you, your husband and your precious children in my prayers.

Jen, I am praying for you. Take a couples days to get your head together--take a look around you at your beautiful children and than get so damn mad and fight like you have never fought before!! This is your body--and do your best to take over this nasty, horrible, devilish disease. There are winners of this beast out there and you kick some a-- to be one.

I have had a few hard days this week with my husband and i am done feeling sorry for myself and now it's time to get busy and fight. DONT give up!! how can you--look at those beautiful children!!!!

god bless you and keep you close to him, nancy c

I'm so sorry about the news. I remember how I felt when I went from 4 being gone after new chemo regime to the re-scan and 15 to 20 being found in less than 6-7 weeks. I took a downward spiral. But I got so much encouragement, support and empathy from this Board that I was able to pull myself up and get ready for the WBR. (BTW, only 5 more to go).

I too hope that if you are not already, you can begin anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications - they have done wonders for me, my mental state and outlook.

Wishing you the best and remembering you in my prayers that you will have strength to fight and not let this awful disease get the best of you.

Jen,

I don't think you need to have the steam to feel good to post. We are all here for you no matter. So girlfriend stay strong an keep repeating

"In every day in every day I'm feeling stronger & stronger"

This from our pastoral nun at the hospital. She is the coolest,kindest penquin!

Call me if you need to. I will continue to pray & send good thoughts your way. Love you Jen.

Rachel