Wood Update

Don Wood

Lucie finished the 20 radiation treatments on her leg bone. Midway, the leg was feeling better, but lately the pain has increased. We suspect radiation damage since this is the second time the area was radiated. Hopefully, with time, this will improve. Lucie is glad to have this series completed. She continues to have Zometa once a month for the bones, and she sees the med onc once a month roughly.

I am fine. Walking 20 min. a day (about a mile) and saw cardiologist. He says I can go back to the gym next week, but to start slowly. I will be happy with that. No more urinary bleeding since I got off the aspirin. I am taking Plavix now, which seems to do fine.

Thanks for your continued support, caring and prayers. Don

Don,

It's always good to get an update on you and Lucie. Sorry to hear about her leg pain. Sure hope she will be feeling better soon. Don, as for you, it sounds like you are moving right along in the right direction. Take care you two. You both are such an inspiration .

Love,

Sue

Hi Don and Lucie,

I'm glad you guys got through the past several weeks ok. I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm sure you plan to talk to the onc about Lucie's continued leg pain, so keep us posted.

Keep taking those walks. Now that the weather is getting nice, it will be even more enjoyable.

Love,

Peggy

Thanks for the update Don. Tell Lucie my prayers are for her to ease the pain. I hope this happens real soon.

Don, I am really glad that you are feeling better and you are getting out somewhat. You need that little time just for Don.

Take care and send my love to your lovely wife.

Maryanne

Don,

Just saw your post and wanted you to know that you inspire me. You're walking 20 minutes a day...a mile; and I find myself getting winded just walking from the parking lot into my office. I'm glad you're doing so well and hope that Lucie continues to feel better also.

Good news for both you and Lucy! I see this as time for celebration in the Wood house (after Lucy's pain eases, and I know it will!).

Perhaps you could throw in a few extra exercises for some of us (me) that haven't been motivated enough to pick it back up.

Keep posting your good news, it's always heartwarming.

Lynne

• 1 month later...