Insult to Injury

Kel M

Hi all,

Mom's had a difficult week. It culminated with another fall today and resulted in a dislocated hip (and yes, the new one!). She was back in OR within 1 hour of orthopedic resident looking at her x-rays. Luckily they were able to re-set the bone without an invasive procedure. She did, however, wake up as the bone was re-set and she said it was excruciating. I can only imagine. :cry:

She also definitely has mets to a few bones. She will receive some radiation beginning this week to help manage the pain and we're hopeful she'll be feeling somewhat better as a result.

She's a fighter - this terrible cancer keeps thinking it has the upper hand and then she finds another way to flip it over on its back to win the round. Here's to hoping that she's able to do it once again!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Kel

Dear Kel-

My thoughts are always with you. I'm so glad to here your mom fighting. You are such a great support to her, she has lots to be fight for... My mom has managed to stay just ahead her CA, and I hope I will have your fortitude and courage. I know I will someday be where you are now. I am drawing inspiration from you. Thanks for helping me.

Nancy