This week was a bit tougher. Thanks for your help.

cathyr

This week was tougher. I really did have to keep repeating to myself the mantra" I am not a victim." Two weeks have passed since the decision for no more chemo or radiation. On Thursday and Friday I lost 3/4 of my hair due to the 2 brain radiations. I was completely taken by surprise and horror in a way. I feel like a look like an oragatang monkey that was in a holocaust. How's that for a picture.

My coordination was off this week as well. I missed the train twice to visit my mom in San Diego. Just one of those weeks.

The best news is that 2 of my kids are coming to visit me this week (tomorrow) and stay through Monday. I miss them so much and they are so scared for me. I just want to make things as easy as I can for them.

I find it more and more difficult to get enough rest. So many things to do.

But people for the most part have been so generous an d kind. It's the part of this illness I wish we all could experience in a way. There would be far fewer wars now, wouldn't there??

Well, it's after midnight so I've got to lay down.

Thank you again family and friends. You are my lifeline to maintaining some sanity.

Loving you all,

CathyR

Cathy, I am so glad your children are coming, they really are so important to us. I am sure they are scared, they love you and don't want anything but good for you.

So glad to hear you are still up and about.

They are many prayers being said Cathy. Stay strong.

Hi Cathyr.

Please let your kids do for you when they get there. That will make them feel so good if they can do something for Mom.

You are a cute little monkey with or without hair. And you are not a victim. You are a warrior!

love you Cathyr. Cindi o'h

You're in my thoughts, Cathy....and I'm so glad your kids are coming to visit. Special times when the kids are around....huh?

I'm sorry for the days when things seem tough...and for the hair loss again. (I've been hairless a year now...and know the feeling :? ) I'll be wishing for some brighter days ahead for you, lots of fun and loving feelings during the kids' visit and nothing but the best for you, Cathy.

Keep us posted on how you're doing...ok?

Cathy,

Your kids are so lucky to have you!! The hair thing will make a nice giggly ice breaker..........just enjoy it..........You are truly beautiful and that will always be the first thing anyone sees.

Relax, be good to yourself, let the kids pamper you and get lots of hugs.

Love

Pat and Brian

Cathy,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a rough week. I know it helps to have something to look forward to, like seeing your kids. Have a great visit with them and I agree with Cindi O'h, let them take care of you.

TAnn

Cathy

Thanks for updating us. I just wish you didn't have such a tough week. As all others have said, enjoy your kids when they come to visit. I know they are the best "medicine" to have them around.

Prayers for you for continued strength to see you through the coming days.

Gail p-m

Dear Cathy,

This would be me, too:

I find it more and more difficult to get enough rest. So many things to do.

I know that if I were in your shoes, I would be scrambling to be sure that everything was in order and everybody could find everything and as much that could be done in advance would be done. I'm a proactive person to a fault. LOL!

I'm sorry to hear that this week has been a little tougher. Trying to do too many things and not getting enough rest could be contributing. Again, if you're like me, it won't do any good to tell you to slow down, but it's the right thing to say, so SLOW DOWN! :)

Love, hugs and prayers, Cathy!

Peggy

Cath

If with no hair you still look BEAUTIFUL to me. And remember even monkeys grow their hair back. Have fun with the girls...can't wait to see them and you Sunday.

P.S. Make sure the pickles are well done enough, okay?

Hugs,

Caryl

Thank you again family and friends. Today I went and bought another wig. Saw the beautician to get in trimmed a bit, bought two new outfits from Chico's. and make-up at Macy's. I sure do feel prettier. I never realized how high maintenance I am.

It was worth it though. Your prayers, and encouragement sustain me. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. Who knows? Maybe it's just about that.

Hugs to you all!

CathyR