5/14 Update : More Bad News

Bill

Mid week my wife began feeling poorly and her low back / hip pain started worsening. Worsening to the point that her Vicodin ES dosage has been upped and she's restarted the OXY IR for breakthrough pain. She saw her PCP on Thursday. He detected some sound percussion " dullness " in the base of her lungs. He ordered a chest x-ray to " check and compare for pleural effusion ". She will be getting this CXR done this morning. She's very despondent over these developments.

BTW, my wife's head to toe Tarceva skin rash has now completely disappeared.

Hi Bill,

So sorry to hear that your wife is feeling so poorly. She must be so scared. Good luck with the CXR.

I don't know what to say but send prayers for her and hope that things start changing and she feels better.

She is in my prayers, We are here for you. Please keep us posted.

Maryanne

Bill,

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope things begin to turn around and she is feeling better soon. Hopefully these tests will help get a new treatment plan together.

My prayers and thoughts will be with you.

Bill,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is having these complications. How did the chest x-ray come out? Is she coughing more than usual? That is usually how I can tell if my pleural effusion is back or increased.

I'll hope and pray that the Tarceva is still working and that her body is just getting used to the medication and that's why the rash is gone.

Let us know...

TAnn