Oncologist orders a PET/CT...a little nervous.

Nushka

I have been having a little pain in my left side. Its about where I imagine my adrenal gland to be. I have no idea where it is coming from but it seems to be internal and not from my ribs or muscles. I saw the onco today for a check up and mentioned it to him. He seemed in a hurry but said he wanted to order a new PET/CT. I had many questions to ask but he got a phone call in the middle of our 4 min meeting and was called away. I go Thursday am for the test and will find out the results the next monday.

I know I ask for prayers each test, but I sure would appreciate them again this time. This is the first test I have had because of pain. It has been approximately 2 years since I finished chemo and Aug will be 2 years since radiation. I had been told that if I could make it to August without problems that my chances of long term recovery would increase. Wouldn't you know that this had to pop up now.

Well, I am rambling and I know that I have so many blessings already that I feel a little "hoggish" asking for more help right now. The waiting will be hard and I know that your support will help.

You folks are the greatest bunch of people I have ever met. Thanks in advance.

Nina

Nina,

No way you are being hoggish. We ALL want good scans and test results. I am hoping this will be one of those times. It is alarming when it is something new. I know I am living with my paranoia (sp?) myself right now.

Try to relax and know we all are pulling for you.

Kasey

Do NOT feel hoggish!!! Scan time is ALWAYS scary! And the oncologist needs to be cautious and do scans. Try to remember, we all get wierd aches and pains that linger. I KNOW, so much easier said than done not to worry. Sort of like pot calling kettle black since I always worry :) But hang in there, it is most likely nothing but natural aging :)

Nina,

We all understand your nervousness. Just remember that the oncologist would be negligent not to order those scans in view of your concerns. Never worry about being hoggish. You ask away. You are such a beautiful person and so supportive of others plus remember you are helping us by sharing your experiences. Mostly we want you to share because we care about you. You are in my prayers . I'm praying that the scan shows everything to be negative and normal. Will be looking for your update.

Love,

Sue

Well, I am rambling and I know that I have so many blessings already that I feel a little "hoggish" asking for more help right now.

You are not rambling. You are just reaching out like we all do. That is what makes this board special. We can reach out at any time and someone will be there to hold our hand or pick us up, whichever we need.

You are not being "hoggish". There is enough love and support here to go around.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nina,

You can ask for prayers every single day of the month if you want. I know how you feel. We're into getting new scans now, too. IT MAKES ME CRAZY!! :)

As my mom used to say, "Maybe it's just a fart crosswise." LOL!

Hang in there and let us know the results as soon as you can.

Love, prayers and hugs,

Peggy

Once again you all have proven that you are the greatest bunch of people in the world. The prayers are greatly appreciated. Peggy, I am still laughing at the "fart crossways". Never heard that before and it suits my family's sense of humor. I'll let you all know as soon as I know.

Thanks again.

Nina