Recent Dx with SCLC

MarkVR

Update 5/18/05: Good blood checkup today so I can travel to see my baby girl graduate from college!! 8) Back for round 2 of cisplatin and etoposide on 5/26. Dr. says after round 3 (21 day cycle) I get another CT scan and then discuss radiation.

Thanks for all the encouraging words.

MarkVR

Hi, just heard of this site. I'm impressed. I was Dx in early May '05 with SCLC, presented with a large mediastinal tumor. Started chemo same week (cisplatin and etoposide), had brain MRI and body bone scan. Both neg, praise God. Just learning of all the options and issues. Will continue to look around for info on SCLC.

MarkVR

Mark,

Sorry you had to seek out this site but be glad you found it. The folks on this board are phenomenal!! The people are very knowledgable and supportive. If you have any questions about anything please post. If someone doesn't know the answer they can direct you to someone/somewhere that does.

Good luck,

Kitkathi

Hi, welcome. Know you don't want to be here, but you'll find great support and alot of useful info along the way. Just to keep a positive outlook, I'm a 3 year survivor of limited SCLC and feeling fine. I also had the same drugs as you're being given. I also had radiation at the same time. Depending on limited or extensive, the treatment can be a little different. Please let us know how you're doing.

Joanie