Michigan here I come!

paddy

Hi There All,

Just wanted you to know that I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers although I haven't had time to post lately. I sold my house and now I am madly packing.I am finding it very hard doing it on my own.I think I am going to be taking up some offers of help from my neighbours soon!

I will be leaving the house on the 12th and will be off to MI in a few days after that.

I must say this is a terribly emotional time and I feel as if I am leaving the life I lived with David behind. So much of our stuff has had to be sold or given away and everytime something goes I feel very sad. The other day some friends came and chopped up Dave's beautiful model railroad into small pieces, ( so that it could fit into a dumpster,) I could'nt even bear to watch. Today I tore up the manuscript of his last book,and threw away the photos, it all seems such a darned waste.

Well I must go and get busy again. I will let you know when I get settled in Michigan. Watch out Mr and Mrs Ry, I am on my way!

Love to you all,

Paddy

Paddy,

Sometimes I felt like I was throwing Earl away a little bit at a time. I did keep a few 'things'. But most important, I did not throw away the memories and I did not throw away Earl because he is tucked nicely in my heart and mind.

Take help wherever you can get it. I moved 4 miles away and found the job overwhelming at times. It is much more difficult to move a big distance away.

I wish you a smooth and easy move.

Paddy,

Let us know when you get here and get settled. We should get the Michigan group together for dinner or something in your honor. I have been thinking of you every time I go to Clarkston. One weekend we went to dinner and I saw a place for rent in the historical district near the downtown shops and thought now there's a neat place for Paddy.

Rochelle

Paddy,

I must have missed a post or two, I didnt know you were moving..I'm sure it must be so hard..It will help you to be around your family, I'm sure you already realize that or else you wouldnt be moving..Welcome to Michigan, and praying you will find some peace and healing...

Paddy, best of luck on your move. Fresh starts can often really help us put a new prospective on life. I can so relate to your feelings about getting rid of your husband's things. I am still working on that. I have a large storage unit that is absolutely packed with Dennis's belongings. Besides the heartaches of seeing the things, it is also expensive. My Dennis had so many interests and hobbies and it seems each one of them required things that took up lots of space....astronomy, ham radios, fishing, his boat and all the electronics, radio controlled airplaces, hunting. Plus....he collected guns!!! My youngest son just bought his first home and I have notified all three boys that we are picking a date and meeting at the storage unit. I want each of them to take what they want or need and then I will deal with trying to find homes for the rest. I know I could make a lot of money from selling some of this stuff but the thought of parting with his things is still too much for me!!!

Best of luck to you Paddy. You are staring over and you made the right move to be near your children and grandchildren. :D

I never realized how many people are from Michigan. :roll:

I pray all goes well with your move. Let your neighbors help as you are leaving and I know they would like to do something for you.

Take care Paddy and best of luck as you certainly deserve it. :wink:

Maryanne